Name your favorite liberty port/location - Page 28
Create Post
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
    Pattaya Beach for sure, the absolute best...after that I liked Xania, Crete a lot

Thailand was nice. R&R in Bangkok. Got a job as a contractor after I got out of the Marine Corps, and lived in N.E. Thailand (Sokol Nakon) for a couple years (good times, indeed!).

My R&R was scheduled for Dec 68, but when Operation Meade River came along they needed all of us so I got screwed out of my R&R to Sydney. I did get to go to the DaNang Hilton a couple of times though so I'd have to say DaNang.

Okinawa, just loved that Long Time !!

B.C. street and Olongapo City were rowdy places. Great if you're looking for that kind of thing. The best liberty I had was the days and nights I spent in and around Hiroshima, Japan and Seoul, Korea.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Pohang, Korea....doing the "Pohang hang" off the back of the truck on the ride back.

Okinawa no question... I had the time of my life, I thank God i was able to experience that as a young Marine. GTMO Bay Cuba a close Second. I survived the TEETH!!!!!!! those that know, know - LMAO LMAO

Thumbs up

I did not enjoy OKI. Was at camp schawb and outside gate was henoco. we called it hooterville. My best lib was PI. Had a great 2 weeks there. I ended up on Gaines beach with a local girl naked and hung over bad. Man that was great.

Australia

Def the best vacation/work of our Tour.

Daegu, South Korea

For anyone that ever gets a chance to pass through this great city, you should definitely stop by Rodeo Street (pronounced like the sport with horses not the street in CA. I was fortunate to be stationed in S. Korea for 7 months and lived in this great city. Granted, I was one of 3 Marines working there supporting exercises for WestPac but as soon as we were off we partied with the locals as hard as we worked.

I wouldn't mind taking a trip there again...

Dave....are you just now finding this???? lol

Phuket Thailand.

I will say no more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8toJCK2Tp8

Enjoy.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tha Room on Ward 3-C Betheda Naval Hospital where they kept tha Mop and Bucket for tha Janitor.It's where a Very Beautiful Round Eye NAVY WAVE Swabbed My Knob in summer of '69...Oh Hell Yeah,with all due respect S/F

Last edited by FistFu68; 06-24-11 at 08:01 AM. Reason: W

When we going on LIBO together Jack.

I'm looking at a new bolt gun and need some Tgts to shoot at.

Blue

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oh Hell Yeah Marine I got a NEW TOY You gotta Shoot S/F Stay safe and give tha Family a (HUG) From Us here in Az.

Thread Information