Name your favorite liberty port/location - Page 26
Create Post
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Australia the Land of the "SUPER ROUND EYES" I actually went around tha World with three of them Fine Ho's all at the same time!!! In a Weekend S/F That

So far...LA, hollywood area. When I was TAD to 29 palms. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by florczak2287 View Post
    So far...LA, hollywood area. When I was TAD to 29 palms. Good times.
    You ain't lived till you've been WestPac!

Agree with gylancaster & jrthestar as to Bangkok being the best liberty. Was there in '66 & before leaving RVN a buddy told me to stay at the last hotel the bus went to 'cause at each stop they brought you out drinks. Was feeling pretty good when arriving at the Grace Hotel. My time there was " graceful ". Will never forget Bangkok.

My favorite was Bahrain and a little place called the rock bottom cafe. Yeah, it was one of those places.

Quote Originally Posted by AdirondackDog View Post
    I just came off the 31st MEU. Thailand was rediculous. enough said.
    I also just got off the 31st and have to agree that Thailand was something else.

As a civilian working for the US Army, the Grafenwoehr Training Area (the largest US Army facility in Germany) was considered the best secret for permanent party assignments in the US Army. I really enjoyed working with those GIs, my Marine background helped me connect with them, especially the officers. Up close and personal with Infantry, Armor & Artillery exercises.

Best Port To Me

Of all the places i've been, i would have to pick Olongapo Philippines. To all of the L.B.F.M's you was always the #1 GI.

Hong Kong or Vegas! Hong Kong because all I remember was alot of laughing and smiling...and Vegas because I brought back home what I left behind the year prior!

Thessaloniki, Greece. Well all of Greece was a blast

Quote Originally Posted by NamGrunt68 View Post
    Damn Drifter, I'd felt much better about your post if you would of said...Got to meet Peter, Paul and Mary....I shook their hands and then dragged them left wing liberal war protestin sum*****es out back and stomped a mud hole in their azzes......

Was at MCAS Kaneohe also....enjoyed Davy Jones Locker and Cho Cho's a bar in Honolulu...spent a lil time down on sh!t street sometimes........Met my wife in Kaluia where she was workin at a dept store by the name of Coronet's....she is from Calif and was over in Hawaii living with her brother and sister in law.......po girl is still followin me around the Country !!! Anybody know how I can shake her !!! LMAO !!
    Well, here goes a reply for an old man ... I was stationed at Kaneohe Bay in 1951. My squadron, VMF 451 helped reopen Kaneohe as it had been shut down some time after WWII. I made a lot of runs over the Pali to get to Waikiki (Kailua was a really small village then with just one little bar - that was OK for a quick liberty, but to do the town it was over the hump to Waikiki) which at that time had a really nice bar at the Diamond Head end called "The Queens Surf". The hostess there took a liking to the "kid marine" (I was underage) so that became my favorite spot.

Las Vegas..... naturally

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    San Juan Puerto Rico ranks right up there with the rest of em!

single and rearin' to go---Barbers Point,Oahu Hawaii

Thread Information