Name your favorite liberty port/location - Page 25
Create Post
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Sydney Australia, BEAUTIFUL life guards, I faked drowning twice! Got lucky once!

My favorite Libo Ports were with the 24th MEU in '06. We stopped in Marsielles, France. From there, the told us that they were selling tickets for a 2 Day trip to Paris and to Belleau Wood. I jumped at the opportunity. The tickets were expensive so not many people expressed interest. They held a meeting to pass word about the trip and at the meeting they explained that the Marine Corps was in actuality going to pay for our tickets and they just wanted to see what Marines were willing to go. So in essence...we went to Paris for free! My other favorite port was Cyprus just because of all the drunken good times there. I loved float.

I did a year in Germany with the guard after I got out of the Corps and got called up from college.

Paris is nice, Luxemburg is nice, Trier is really nice, Nuremberg is really nice for Christmas time, Munich is the best drinking city in the world and everyone has to go there at least once, the army rec city at Garmish is all kinds of fun and you can afford it, Rome was really great, as was Florence, Venice was like a very pricey Disney only set in an open rotting sewer.

The army was screwing with us because we were guard as far as working, living, and time off, and I still had three times more time off and better living conditions than I had had in the Marine air wing. All the better to see Europe.

...I forgot to mention Dubai, and that was during Ramadan and I still had crazy fun!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I really like Garmish. Been there a couple times.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBoyed View Post
    My favorite Libo Ports were with the 24th MEU in '06. We stopped in Marsielles, France. From there, the told us that they were selling tickets for a 2 Day trip to Paris and to Belleau Wood. I jumped at the opportunity. The tickets were expensive so not many people expressed interest. They held a meeting to pass word about the trip and at the meeting they explained that the Marine Corps was in actuality going to pay for our tickets and they just wanted to see what Marines were willing to go. So in essence...we went to Paris for free! My other favorite port was Cyprus just because of all the drunken good times there. I loved float.

****in' Marseilles was a hole just about as bad as Naples. My duty was shore patrol walking around the towelhead section of town keeping the drunk Marines and Sailors out that area. Only good thing was that Mickey Ds sold BEER. The trip to BW would make the stop worthwhile though.

Now TOKYO, JAPAN on the otherhand, was where it was at 24/7/365!!!

Cairns, Australia. Was supposed to be Townsville but there was an issue, so we basically flipped them the bird and moved down the coast. From what I heard, Cairns was a lot better than Townsville anyway.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Palma De Mallorca, Unbelievable!!!! February 1978, I fell in love with a girl I met there for 2 whole days.

2nd Choice, Monte Carlo, France, 6 or 7 days later. Fell in love with another girl from there for about 11 hours... (HA).....

Ahh, the memories........

Rocky

Oh Jeez let's see...
    Pattaya Beach, Thailand. SSgtofMarines said it best.
    Manilla, Philippines
    Singapore
    Haifa, Isreal
    Palma de Mallorca, Spain

There are A LOT of places that were just amazing. Have to say Pattaya Beach FTW.

Pattaya Thailand was nice until we realized the chick dancing on our table in a bikini was a guy with a boob job. Then at Whiskey a Go-Go a girl doing a backbend shot a bananna from *somewhere* between her thighs that knocked over my beer. But still, a pretty good show!!

I don't know I think it would be a toss up. I had some great times in Cubi PT. Olongapol City and Maui, HI. . But I loved it at P. I. as a D.I. lots of great times there. SSGT. Francisco.

Santa Ana Philippines was nice. Beautiful waether and scenery. Bangkok Thailand was nice too.

Subic Bay

There haven't been a lot of Marines there yet, but my favorite was Sihanoukville, Cambodia. I went there with LF CARAT '10.

There are many many reasons to like this place. The exchange rate is ridiculous, even in the Americanized places. For example, you could get an awesome hotel for $9 a night, but you could get a cheap one for $3 a night. It's $2 for a 40 of this beer called Angkor which is made there. I've had many different types of beer, and this is within my top 3 now. You can get away with $15 a day for a tuktuk (taxi) driver who will stay with you all day, take you anywhere you want, and will even come back the next day. Our driver gave us a cell phone in order for us to call him the next day of libo. (No overnight for us)

The place is just absolutely beautiful. We spent most of the time on the beach, and it was sunny most of the days we were there. You can walk up to a guy and rent a jet ski for half an hour, or a banana boat for you and your friends. Everything on the beach is pretty close, and it's lined with bars. With a high tide you can sit at a bar and dangle your feet in the water.

Women, women. Now, this is probably one of the best aspects. Cambodia is a large vacation spot for a lot of Europians and even Americans. I met girls from Spain, England, Ireland, Germany, France, even some from Australia. Even then, the local Cambodian women are gorgeous and really friendly.

Now if you want to have more of a Pattaya experience you can do that too, just jump in your driver's tuktuk and he'll take you to Cambodia's version of walking street. If you know what I'm talking about then details aren't required.

So all of you Marines that liked Thailand the best, I guarantee if have the opportunity to visit Cambodia, you will like that better.

Marine Free Member AdirondackDog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgtOfMarines View Post
    gotta be Pattia Beach, Thailand..... those of you that were there I dont have to explain. Those of you that weren't,well, it would be illegal to explain.

I just came off the 31st MEU. Thailand was rediculous. enough said.

Thread Information