Name your favorite liberty port/location - Page 24
Create Post
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Too much fun

Pattaya Beach Thailand and Subic Bay Philippines!

Anywhere and Everywhere in Thailand....over there for 5 monthes, unforgetable

Hell I don't ever remember replying to this thread. I would have to say my fav liberty spot. Would have to be at Ft. Lauderdale when we pulled in Port Down there. We where doing a MAGTF for the McDonalds Air Sea show on the USS Portland. Can't quite remember the name of the club we partied at, we got the Ft Lauderdale Police called on us. A bunch of us put a bunch of bendy straws together, and tried to drink a margarita bunch bowl on the bottom deck, all the way up at the top of the club. Plus me an Cpl Bell went to a strip club that night. We blew about $400 on lap dances, and booze. Got back to the ship had to do the "Permission to Come Aboard" deal. That didn't work out so well. The Sailor on duty just let me on anyway, then I spent the next hour talking to a Lt. on the flight deck about how much I loved the Marine Corps(I was very drunk hehe). Then after that a bunch of us snuck down the tank deck, and screwed around with the Squidys haha. Hell of a good time. Semper!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool

China Beach Republic Of South Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by beer wolf View Post
    Pattaya Beach Thailand
    I agree, will never forget that place. It's one of a kind

Been to Hong Kong Tokyo, Thi Lan Twiewan, But Olongapo PI was the best by far, You will have to excuse the spelling. The lights are on but some times their is no one home.

Austrillia!!!!!beautiful women

Never went to Australia, heard it was great. I personally would have to say the P.I.

June , 1973, Kowloon/ Hong Kong 15 days 3rd Marines got in a fight w/ Aussy Marines and brought down a 7 story building ooohraah

Olongapoo also , great place 17 yr old whith big brown eyes and the prettiest smile you ever saw, lived w/ her family for 4 weeks, they lived in the bush about 12 mi. north of town and still do

I was in Hanson in 73-74 most of the time I spent at NTA bush

toss up between Singapore and Vladivostok, Russia! just don't know which to choose?

There were several but one that I enjoyed was Maui, HI

I liked Puerto Rico,we use to fly down to Roosevelt Roads,Nas and Vieques Island .probably 2 or 3 times a month and pulled some good liberty there..anyone remember Vieques Island?

My unit VMA-211 left Chu Lai in 2/16/70 on a made for D-Day LST and headed for Iwakuni Japan.There was a very nasty Typhoon roaming around the Pacific so we pulled into Kaohsiung Taiwan for 2 days. We were the first American ship to stop there in 5 years so no need to get into the sorted details.We left and as far as I'm concerned we hit enough of the storm to throw that flat bottom around like a cork in the water.Spent some time in PI. at Cubi Pt. and Olongapol city which unless you've been there it is hard to imagine,lets just say it's pretty salty.While in Iwakuni we hit Hiroshima on weekends and had some great times there.

Thread Information