Name your favorite liberty port/location - Page 20
Create Post
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Manila, Philippines

No question about it Manila,Philippines
    When we pulled into port there was big city skyline. My buddy Jim Raney (Ontose Mechanic) and I went into the marketplace in the heart of
    Manila looking for dishes for his new wife. We were the only Americans in a sea of Filipinos and not once did anyone make us feel uncomfortable.

However, if our boat wasn't redirected back to Viet Nam; Australia would have been the best port ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    Thats too funny, Mallorca, Unbelievable!!!! February 1978, I fell in love with a girl I met there for 2 whole days.

2nd Choice, Monte Carlo, France, 6 or 7 days later. Fell in love with another girl from there for about 11 hours... (HA).....

Ahh, the memories........

Rocky
    Yeah I hear that!
    I fell in love with a Norwegian girl in '88. Girls name was Marit. I still remember her last name too, but I won't out her here.
    She was on vacation to Mallorca with 4 of her friends and apparently our relationship caused quite the row as she had a boyfriend back home...
    The group of them all got in a fight and Marit ended up staying with me instead of going with her friends to the other side of the island(which we were not allowed to do) I spent 5 days with her...

*sigh*

Ahh! the good ole days...

US NAS KEFLAVIK ICELAND. No i'm not crazy. Standing post.... Well lets just say it is not alot of fun. But the land is beautiful. Even the most out of the way post. papa 9. was beautiful. Especially at night. if i ever win the lottery I'm going back!!! Soooo much to see.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    China Beach-RVN-68

Where ever there were *****s.

I'd have to say Gatemba, Japan. Small town about a mile out of the gate at Mt. Fuji. Can't recall the name of are small base there, but I do remember how cold it was in December, and how warm and inviting the town was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    I'd have to say Gatemba, Japan. Small town about a mile out of the gate at Mt. Fuji. Can't recall the name of are small base there, but I do remember how cold it was in December, and how warm and inviting the town was.
    The base is Camp Fuji. I've got a few pics in my album of the base in 1977, plus one in Gotemba. http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/album.php?albumid=673

Bangkok, Thailand:

Buck Skin Joe's ("decomissioned" several years ago)
    Nana Plaza
    Pat-Pong
    !!!Soi Cowboy...the Tilac!!! (YAAAAHHHHOOOO!!!!!)
    Wong's Place (may Wong rest in peace)
    Cabbages and Condums
    Soi 12...Bourbon Street
    Pinnacle Hotel (Rama IV and Soi Ngam-Du-Pli)
    Supanbure Village

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I only remember Gotemba as a weigh point enroute to Tokoyo. They did have a little dive there called the white tiger that served food and drinks and played movies.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    right now im on the 31st meu. so far my two favorite ports have been subic bay, p.i. & pattaya beach, thailand

NATO cruise, 1980, Edinburgh, Scotland...one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. My buddies and I hopped every pub down Princess Street and rarely were allowed to buy our own drinks! We were there 5 days...I'd go back in a minute!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Damn downtown Danang running like mad scorin 33's and dodgin 122's...LMAO, subic, on top the sucid cliffs of Okinawa drunk(or dodging the MP's from non "A" sign bar to bar) as hell with 1.75 liter of Nika whiskey! Diego Garcia at the chiefs club BLASTED watching fillipinos chasin crabs into the surf only to watch tiger sharks chase them out of the water(LMAO), Chrsitchurch New Zealand(all time best, best blow job ever, well except the old lady), Rotten Groton BIG time drunk Leathernecks chasin submariners sisters around...LMAO, Charleston, SC Oh baby oh bay the food and wimenz. AH SH$T any place to Marines are gatherd for LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY CALL...! YEE HA SEMPER FI MARINES!

I would have to say Palma Mallorca (Spain) Med cruise 90'

The PI followed by Pattaya Beach Thailand

During Snowfex '64 ,A NATO exercise in lower Norway. The Norweigan base circled a town called Voss, and we were allowed dungaree liberty if we travelled on skiis. Each night, we went to dances in town and met ladies that wanted to practice their english..... "Nuff said.

I want to live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the
    floor in the morning, satan shudders and says, "OH NO! HE'S AWAKE!!"

Thread Information