Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Re: Ports...

Originally posted by Barrio_rat
    Let's see...

Ejoyed the hell out of Okinawa. Was on Futenma so I was close to Naha and 'the wall.' Plenty of good parties I don't remember too much about at the wall. BC street and whisper alley.

Angeles City, Olongapo, Barrio Barretto (Hence the nick name) were always great and accomodating. Strange though, how word of mouth they know yer there... Filipino word of mouth is faster than the telephone. Makes it tough to meet the next girlfriend. Hehe. Hung out at Wiskey River and The Blue Parrot in the barrio and usually was in Peso Jimmy's in Olongapo, though I've been to Cal Jams, Sierra Club, T's and a few of the others in Olongapo. The DMZ, Love Birds (yeah, I liked the name too), and Nipa Hut were fun in Angeles. I liked balute so much I had to go and marry one. I still get hell for all the time I spent in the bars there. LOL. Nothing like the smell of dried fish frying in the kitchen.

Korea was a fun place. Anjan ri (sp?) Camp Humphreys. Army rolls their sleves down for winter before the USMC so we were ordered to roll ours down as well to be uniform. Bunch of us thought if they want uniform let the Army keep theirs up. Also had plenty of fun in Pohang and Pusan and I've still got my mink blanket.

Liked Hong Kong a lot. Sydney was a nice place. Couldn't stay, the Corps made me wait 3 weeks after my dad died and then the day we hit port in Sydney they cared so much they made me fly out that day. Only good thing was I got to watch green peace get chased by the cops on the water and didn't have to man the rails.

Could have done without Port of Al Jabail, Saudi Arabia. Dubai, United Arab Emmerates was pretty cool. Sat by a pool drinking some strong mixed drinks at a 5 star hotel. Not a bad way to earn your combat pay.

Yah Barrio! Non "A" sign barz in Naha and i spent many a night trying ta fall off the wall drinking copious amonuts of Akadama wine OR Nika whiskey!

Only tang better was Olongapo OR Rosie's Bar and Grill ner Danang drinking 33's and verticle buttstrokin beattlenuted momasans...LMAO

Hey another fun think on Oki! Kadena AirFarce Base...screwing with the gate guards. Ended up in dah brigg fer a few hours for showing them how to properly man the gate...ROFL..LoL

Little crazy after the nam!

Now Saudi forget it! But that was after USMC career!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Re: Re: Hawaii

Originally posted by NamGrunt68

Damn Drifter, I'd felt much better about your post if you would of said...Got to meet Peter, Paul and Mary....I shook their hands and then dragged them left wing liberal war protestin sum*****es out back and stomped a mud hole in their azzes......
    ROGER THAT DANERZ...ROGER THAT!

by the way stop in this site Redwolf found ya'll..see "Vietnam Yearbook" especially!
    http://www.viethero.com/

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Re: Re: Ports...

Originally posted by NamNuts

Yah Barrio! Non "A" sign barz in Naha and i spent many a night trying ta fall off the wall drinking copious amonuts of Akadama wine OR Nika whiskey!

Only tang better was Olongapo OR Rosie's Bar and Grill ner Danang drinking 33's and verticle buttstrokin beattlenuted momasans...LMAO

Hey another fun think on Oki! Kadena AirFarce Base...screwing with the gate guards. Ended up in dah brigg fer a few hours for showing them how to properly man the gate...ROFL..LoL

All we got was Orion beer, 4 bucks a glass. It was so expensive, I figured the glass came with it. Still got it too. Would go to Naha and get Saporo out of the vending machines, look see the sites and get drunk.

I do remember Rosie's ... shhhhhhh.. Don't tell the wife!

Didn't do much at Kadena, E Club was closed to Marines - they won all the fights! Buddy of mine joined in with Hands Around Kadena. The Japanese didn't care for him being there and said he should leave. He told them, I didn't ask to be here.. give me a plane ticket and I'm gone. So they asked him to join in.

Favorite "Liberty"?

OMG

Gotta be Fort Lauderdale during spring break...... Just gotta be. Oh Baby..Oh Baby!

Would have to be PI!

Like Rat, I liked it so much I had to bring one home with me
    Lost her in 1995, and had to import another one to take care of me.

Registered User Free Member Grunt's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Unordinary Port

How about Corfu, Greece

Man we were livin like yuppies on Sgts. pay and stakin down every topless beach on the island!!!

Registered User Free Member gemntx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Liberty?

I would have to agree with PI. Great place in '76. Then there was Palma Mallorca, Spain:eek:

Attached Images Attached Images

Hey how about Gitmo? Not only no but hell no. I would say mine was 10 days in Maine doing nothing but fishing hunting and gettin really drunk with the locals

cantrell

My favorite Liberty Port? LMAO

Just outside the wire, with mama-sons daughters....

ROTFLMAO

Bump....

Another post to get to know our members......

Sempers,

Roger

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    New Orleans! The sell beer at the public zoo and the IMAX! I'd reccomend going once during Mardi Gras just for the experience. Then go during the off season to really see The Big Easy.

Registered User Free Member Phil's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Stationed in K-Bay, Waikiki w/ it's beaches, the women, dozens of bars and clubs, the women, rock climbing in north Oahu, the women.....LOL

Also when at Camp Hansen, the greatest little ****hole, KINVILLE (aka Sinville). I won't go into details though. The poolees might be reading this! :eek:

Without a doubt PI. Was there for 11 months on a MAGTF during the base talks. Worked our asses off, but the libo was more than worth it. Remember there was this bar, T's I think, that had free drinks from 6-7am, gates opened at 6, we did a formation run and woke the place up!

Palma de Mallorca, Spain was GREAT!! I sent 21 days there Christmas and New Years of 85 going into 86. I don't remember everything about every night, but I know I had a blast.

Thumbs up No doubt, Philippines!

Had a blast in Okinawa and Korea, but Olongapo, Philippines has to be the number 1 spot!

Thread Information