Name your favorite liberty port/location - Page 16
Create Post
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Why, I simply LOVE it here, of course!

If I have to choose a place other than my favorite, I would say PI and Austrailia.

SF
    I forgot to mention while I was stationed at Alameda NAS that San Fancisco and Oakland were GREAT Liberty sites. Only problem was net
    pay, in those days for a PFC, was $88 / month. You guess how far that
    will take you. We walked everywhere and enjoyed it. The old Playboy Club
    downtown was cool, the alley bars, girls and music...ALL too much.

SF............>Chuck

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    These days i wouldn't take a head call on SF or Oakland..! Take liberty in the brgg at TI before that rat nest city's. And none of us would be really welcome...!

SIN LOI Bros just had enough of that SH$T hole

Quote Originally Posted by NamNuts View Post
    These days i wouldn't take a head call on SF or Oakland..! Take liberty in the brgg at TI before that rat nest city's. And none of us would be really welcome...!

SIN LOI Bros just had enough of that SH$T hole
    "Don't you forget that you're First Marines! Not all the communists in Hell can overrun you!"
    - Colonel Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC. Chosin Reservoir, Korea,

I understand your feelings but it was the same in the 60s...we just pushed on through the friggin Commies.....we didn't pay no mind....I'm in my 60s today and I
    still hate them but push on through !!
    SEMPER FI........>Chuck

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CBS View Post
    "Don't you forget that you're First Marines! Not all the communists in Hell can overrun you!"
    - Colonel Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC. Chosin Reservoir, Korea,

I understand your feelings but it was the same in the 60s...we just pushed on through the friggin Commies.....we didn't pay no mind....I'm in my 60s today and I
    still hate them but push on through !!
    SEMPER FI........>Chuck
    Ya i got the 60's thing me too...still wouldn't place one MPC in that SH$T hole and NO it is different...it's whorse! Because people don't pay enough attention they just push thru! OUT

"NAMGRUNT":
    Hey, aren't you lucky that you can have an opinion. Sorry you don't
    like my Liberty ports............you have yours and I have mine. Let it end there.

SF........>Chuck

Cobra Gold Pattaya Beach Thailand for 3 months I also made it out to Phucket while I was there with my LT and Gunny.

To me one of the most beautiful islands we stopped on was Midway Island...it was unreal. I've yet to see water that matched theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by NamNuts View Post
    ...!Take liberty in the brgg at TI...
    That ain't no fun. Red__line was a good place to get in shape though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I still think Olongpo,,,,, I just can't remember.

NAS Pensacola was pretty cool... Me and my boys used to walk around in our flight suits and hit on Female Officer Candidates. One girl actually believed that I was a Captain in the Marines. I was like 18 and looked young as ****. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    I still think Olongpo,,,,, I just can't remember.
    Have another San Miguel, maybe that will jog you memory.

best in the west

LIKE I WAS IN HEAVEN!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOWINKLE View Post
    Well, I Would Have To Say. Singapore First Then, Phillipines. But One Of The Rarest Scenes That I Will Always Remember . Is While On A Float The Uss Tulare In 1973 . While Our Ship Along With The Seveth Fleet Was Cruising Between China And Tiawan In The Straits Of Formosa. It Was About 0300 Hours In The Morning And I Was Asleep In My Top Bunk Which By The Way Was The Four One Up, I Awoke From My Sleep, And Found That Their Was A Strange Hush Over The Ship And We Have Stopped In The Middle Of A Very Dark Sea . It Seemed Like A Calm And Peace That I Have Never Felt Before, But I Climbed Down Out Of My Bunk And Headed Up Top To The Deck.

Well, To My Eye A Wounder That I Could Hardy Take In There Was Our Us Navy And All It Great Power Stopped Dead In The Water. And All I Could See Was These Little Lights Shining All Around Us And It Looked As If There Was About A Thousand Little Lights Shining About 10 To 15 Feet Up Off The Ocean Surface And Reflecting Onto The The Top Of The Water.
    As Far As You Could See They Were Everywhere Around Us. We Set Motion-less In The Water For About 20 Minutes Till We Got Permission To Continue On Our Route Heading South Towards Hong Kong, And Viet-nam.
    Here Is The Kicker And What My Eyes Beheld That Night And Is A Sight That Will Always Be Burnd Into My Mind Forever.
    The Lights Were Chinese Lantruans , And They Were All Hanging At The Fan-tail Of Every Little Fishing Boat Called Junks And The Boats All Were About 20-25 Feet Long And They Were About Twenty Yards Spaced Between Them. They From What I Could Figure Was From The Word That Came Down From The Captians Pilot House, Fishing For Flounder That Were Running Through The Formosa Strait And This Is A Event That Happens Twice A Year In The Formosa Sea.
    We Of Course Did Start Back On Course And The Heading We Was On South. We Had To Wait Till These Fishing Junks Made A Hole For Us To Manuver Through, At Which Was A Snail Pace Till We Reach The Other Side A The Fishing Junks I Watched From The Top Deck As We Slowly Past Through And Watch A Sight That Was To Behold...

And Me Without My Camera Phone...

Sgt.r.n.davis Usmc...1973

Top Sharetts

Barcelona, Spain. It had something for everybody. Plenty of cold beer, friendly people, historical sites, Did I mention cold beer?

OOHRAH

Thread Information