Quit bootcamp
Create Post

Thread: Quit bootcamp

Quit bootcamp

Got this in a pm from mmw (marine family). Thought i would post it. Anyone esle get this? "My nephew is currently at Parris Island, just can no longer handle it, and desperately wants to quit. There has to be a way to get out. How can the Marines keep someone that does not want to be there? Why keep someone who has no desire to be a Marine. What can he do to get out????? Any comments about this? I told her that most recruits do not want to be there after a few days in camp. I also told her to encourage him not try and find a way out for him. Also explained how a Marine is made and why. Any discharge other than honorable will follow him around the rest of his life. She claims he is really doing good but can no longer handle it!

No, didn't get it. Sounds like an over-reaction by a worried Mom to me. He needs to suck it up and deal with it, if he doesn't, he'll regret it for the rest of his waking days.

Obviously, also, Mom doesn't appear to know how this works...LOL..you can't just quit when you feel like it.

Thread Information