Phony Vietnam Vets Proliferate
Create Post
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Phony Vietnam Vets Proliferate

Phony Vietnam Vets Proliferate
    Strategy Page

June 29, 2007: Since the 1990s, the U.S. Census has occasionally asked people about their military experience, including whether they had served in Vietnam. There were some interesting results. In 1995, the census data showed 11.2 million people said they served during the Vietnam war period. But only nine million American actually served in the armed forces during the official Vietnam war period (1964-1975, most U.S. troops were out of Vietnam by 1972, and the big build up didn't begin until 1965). And only 30 percent of those were actually in Vietnam. That's 2.7 million troops. The census estimated that, by 1995, only 63 percent of Vietnam veterans were still alive. That meant that 30 years later, Vietnam era veterans who actually served in Vietnam were now only 15 percent of the Vietnam era veterans. Someone is apparently lying to the census. Note that, as a group, Vietnam veterans are healthier, wealthier and better educated than the population as a whole.

Another survey, in 2000, showed the number of people claiming Vietnam era service had grown to nearly fifteen million. No doubt, it probably still grows. Most of those who did serve in Vietnam, volunteered for it. Some two-thirds of those killed in Vietnam were volunteers. Those who served in Vietnam represented nearly ten percent of the men of their generation. The current war on terror will probably only involved a few percent. Moreover, as bad as Iraq is, you were more than twice as likely to be killed or wounded in Vietnam. Phony "Iraq veterans" are already showing up, continuing a nasty social custom that can be traced back to the 19th century.

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ellie, that was a good post! Where I live there are two kinds of men, the ones that served and the ones that say they did! Until recently, we true Nam Vets just kept our mouths shut and let the HEROS rant and brag. But I have noticed that in the past few years, we are getting to expose more and more of them. It's funny, in a small town like mine, that the HEROS are stupid enough to think we don't remember what they did during the war. I used to work with a man that was at Woodstock, flying jets in the Air Force and flying F-4s off of carriers in the same time frame! His "Classsified" Service was a result of him being in the CIA and he couldn't discuss it! (RIGHT).

The funny thing about the truth is it's the same every time you tell it! No reason to try to remember what you may have said before. When you reach my age you go to a lot of funerals, and I have seen a lot of those HEROS buried---not many of them even have a Veterans headstone! Go Figure!

Thanks again, Ellie and Semper Fi.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

'nam~the 'nam~vietnam~hell In A Small Place!!!

THERE ARE ONLY TWO KIND'S OF MEN IN THIS WORLD,WHEN THE CHIT;HIT'S THE FAN.THOSE WHO RUN,AND THOSE WHO STAND AND FIGHT.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    For a lack of better words----well put FIST!

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Ellie Thanks

Right on FIST!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Angry

Unfortunatly,wannabes have been around for quite a while.In a way they are a left handed complement.But I still think they are the unfortunate result of a homosexual encounter gone bad!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs down F-en Maggot's

THAT'S WHY THE "MAGGOT'S" HAVE A BROWN RING A'ROUND THEIR NECK'S THEY WERE AZZ-HOLE BABIE'S

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

The third type of Man.....

.......Those who "Cut and Run"

I recently ran into a guy who said he was a Lt. Col. In the Marine Corps, had served in Nam etc. I asked him where in Nam and he said "The DMZ" so I asked where on the 'Z' and he couldn't come up with a name of any place near the DMZ and finally said "You know, the Mekong Delta" It was so pitiful I couldn't bring myself to kick his ass.

SF

Dave

I'm sure a lot of veterans answering those surveys were Nam "era" vets and may not of actually put boots on the ground. Why someone would claim to have served in Nam and actually didn't is beyond me. They can read all they want but unless you were there it would be next to impossible to make the story believable to another Nam vet. I have met several army vets that claimed Nam service and didn't actually serve there but to be honest I have never come met a Marine that lied about Nam service. Oh I am sure they are out there but just never met one. Maybe I did but he may have lied to someone else but not me. I have never been on a poser hunt but if I hear claims that don't sound right to me, I will inquire.

I met Two

I was in a group of Military Nam Veteran's, group therapy. This one clown would watch old WWII flik's, then come to group and he'd be one of the cast. Then another who had the cohonies to march with us, and the Texas Attorney General, from the river bed near Dallas Tx., to the new site for the dedication of the VN Memorial. He had an air tight story. Even made denim jacket's that he'd sell to put your unit's and all other sorts of patches on. Come to find out, he was never even in the Military, let alone in Nam.
    It blows my mind of why they would want to be a poser.....they're despictable...I never got a chance to whoop up on one. Missed a good opportunity. They are destined for worm infestation....Carry on, you Good Maggot's. SF

Talking

KILL THEM ALL, Well all but 6 of them,make them be pall bearers

The way many Nam Vets feel-----

Attached Images Attached Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great Post GSO!

Thread Information