Phony Vietnam Vets Proliferate - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Wasn't Hanoi Jane over there?

Quote Originally Posted by jetdawgg
    Wasn't Hanoi Jane over there?

Not really, she was up in the north giving pleasure to the enemy. I would guess that you are implying that she can sound off about Nam because "she was there"? Wrong Nam, get it?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    10TH.Z HAS MORE CLAIM TO BEING A 'NAM VET THAN THAT,NORTH-VIETNAMEISE WANNABEE TRAITOR BIT*H;MAYBEE YOU CAN PULL HER EYE OUT JETLAGG,AND SKULL FUC THE 'HO;SOME OF HER HISTORY LESSON'S MAY RUB OF ON YOU THEN MARINE???

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Phony "Iraq veterans" are already showing up, continuing a nasty social custom that can be traced back to the 19th century.
    Now that really p*sses me off. We've seen fine crops of poolees grow into Our Marine Corps. Now these pukes want to steal their thunder?

I'm afraid that the older the Nam vets' generation becomes, the number of phony vets will increase. Maybe it's a result of "the places I've been, the things I've done" talk that seems to come with age. Hell, when I tell people I was in the Marine Corps from 67-71 and didn't serve in Nam, they look at me in dis-belief. I tell them I can't help it, I'm a 9% (or whatever the hell it was). The older I get, it seems like everybody I run in to is a Nam veteran. Yea, right! What were they really doing 30 years ago?

So If you were not in the service during the VietNam Era your not a Vet?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rsta
    I'm afraid that the older the Nam vets' generation becomes, the number of phony vets will increase. Maybe it's a result of "the places I've been, the things I've done" talk that seems to come with age. Hell, when I tell people I was in the Marine Corps from 67-71 and didn't serve in Nam, they look at me in dis-belief. I tell them I can't help it, I'm a 9% (or whatever the hell it was). The older I get, it seems like everybody I run in to is a Nam veteran. Yea, right! What were they really doing 30 years ago?
    Probably trying to get up there with Yellowwing!

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Oh Canada....

Quote Originally Posted by sniper 217
    So If you were not in the service during the VietNam Era your not a Vet?
    At one time I think you needed wartime service to qualify as a veteran. Now the definition is "(d) Veteran means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable."

Also now there is a definition in Title 38, " (e) Veteran of any war means any veteran who served in the active military, naval or air service during a period of war as set forth in §3.2."

For certain benefits you need to have at least 90 days of active duty during a period of war but I think a single day of active duty (other than active duty for training) is enough to qualify as veteran. So if you were in the Air National Guard for approximately 5 years and were never called to active duty in the Air Force for a single day, you would not be a veteran. If you served from, say 1976 to 1986 on active duty in the U.S.M.C., you would be a veteran but you would not be eligible for certain benefits from the VA such as non-service connected pension or disability benefits.

It isn't very difficult to tell whether someone was a Vietnam vet or not, it's never been real difficult to tell whether someone was in the USMC or not, and it isn't really very difficult to tell whether someone was a ground troop or not. I've heard some weird war stories but I think my favorites are from guys who claimed to be in the thick of some deperate battle over in Vietnam in 1972 where they lost a whole platoon or squad. USMC casualties in Vietnam in 1972 were 18 for the whole year and I would bet that most of those guys went down in choppers. It was 8 Officers, 8 Enlisted, and 2 Warrant Officers.

Anyway, the phony vets do bother me but I rarely question anyone else's war stories. Perceptions and memory play funny tricks over 36-40 years and some of the guys may remember things a bit differently than others. I've even known guys who were definitely in the USMC in the 60's who actually served in Vietnam and didn't know or remember what how to finish the phrase "Eat the apple and ......" I suspect that they were in the air wing stationed at Da Nang, though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/...ligibility.asp

This link should tell you the eligibilities for VA.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    YEA,WELL GUESS WHAT BOY'S???THE CHIT HAS JUST BEJUN,AGAIN;I'VE SEEN VET'S IN MY HOME TOWN SLEEPING UNDER BRIDGES,IT MAKE'S MY HEART -HEAVY.NO WAY NOT IN AMERICA,BUT I'VE A'WAY'S BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING A OPTIMIST...MUST BE THE "MARINE"IN ME??? S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Phoneys? Gook wanna bees? I met one, Says he was in Berut, but too young. Diskusting Little a** h**e

Quote Originally Posted by Manymoonsago
    I've even known guys who were definitely in the USMC in the 60's who actually served in Vietnam and didn't know or remember what how to finish the phrase "Eat the apple and ......" I suspect that they were in the air wing stationed at Da Nang, though.

LOL---I was a winger in Nam before the Marines moved to Da Nang from Soc Trang. And the answer to your phrase is---"Eat the apple and FUK THE CORPS". How's that for a "winger"?

Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    LOL---I was a winger in Nam before the Marines moved to Da Nang from Soc Trang. And the answer to your phrase is---"Eat the apple and FUK THE CORPS". How's that for a "winger"?
    thank you greensideout I to was in the wing at Danang and we all knew this quote.

further those bums under the bridge want to be there they would be there whether a vet or not--one mans opinion

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    As a matter of fact I was a winger in Da Nang as well!
    "Swing with the wing"

Thread Information