Phony Vietnam Vets Proliferate - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I have run into lot of people that tell me they were in Nam, but can't give me a location. I was there 68-69 at PhuBi FLSG-A. About a month I ran into a LtCol Collins in Flordia which was the S-4 Office as a Caption. I sure was good to see him. I have a true buddy Larry Powers (Retired MGySgt) that I serve with doing that time have talk to him monthly for that last 42 years. Even go and see him yearly. That what bring back memories is when you can get together with someone you serve.

And then there is the 4th kind jetdawgg, the ones who run TO the fight, and we call ourselves
    U.S.Marines.

Like most of us, I joined and volunteered.

Quote Originally Posted by jamielang1951 View Post
    And then there is the 4th kind jetdawgg, the ones who run TO the fight, and we call ourselves
    U.S.Marines.

Like most of us, I joined and volunteered.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by tripledog View Post
    Go read this..llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0311/stolen_valor.php3
    My Parents were not religious-thank God.Any one that claims he has the Medal of Honor-must know,he will be investigated and the "Truth"will always come out.Not many people get the Medal of Honor to begin with.I don't belong to any Organizations,except the Disabled American Veterans.Veteran's that got their Arms,Legs,Eyes, blown away and Traumatic Brain Damage,caused by "WAR" wounds-I believe,Deserve So Much More From The VA and the United States-than Veterans that were not "WOUNDED" by WAR .This is how I feel......

I was not wounded like other Great Marines,and Marines and Doc's that gave their lives-for the Marine Corps-and their Great Country...I was just a guy that got Mono for working hard.saw a few things that some people-would not like to see-I may not look that good,and maybe a little brain fuked-but the Veterans that were in real Battle-deserve much more than they are getting.My Respect and Soul go out to you Guys and Gals.

Unhappy Can't believe I came back to this thread !

But I was reading an article about Vietnam statistics in the Marine Air Transporter , Feb. 2011 issue that stated that of the 2,709,918 who served in the country of Vietnam , only around 850,000 are left .

This means that only one in three are alive today . That's sad as many of us were planning to live forever when we were so young so many years ago , as we have spent our time in that Asian war and survived , unlike some of our brothers / sisters , who didn't come home .

And now there are those who claim to be what many of us were and are , guess time tells who the low lifes are , again !

Semper Fi to my Vietnam brothers as there are less of us here each day !

I Agree With You Allan. Sometimes I Feel So Guilty Going To Bay Pines For My Arthritis And I See My Brothers Who Are Maimed Or Who Lost A Limb Somes I Look At Them And Cry Saying To Myself What The Hell Am I Doing Here They Need The Appointment More Than I Do>

Semper Fi My Brother

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

Credits
    Savings
    I have an uncle who was in the army in nam and for years me and my little bro would try to get him to tell us about it.And still to this day he will not.only thing i know is he was on a fire base from some of his pics. he said he was a co.clerk.I thank all of you for service and advice/training i received from my time in corps 1980-83 and army guard 1983-86.Without the knowledge and leadership handed down from great MEN and MARINES and also DOCS!!Like yourselves i would have never made it...SEMPER FI!!!!!!!

greensideout said it all

Just submitted a recent story about me confronting a fake Viet-Nam vet that happened just three weeks ago, while I was in recovery at a hospital after knee surgery. Was a pretty good story but, as usual, after taking longer than apparently allowed, after I hit submit, I was required to log in again and then, after doing so, I got the blank page and my post disappeared forever. WTF.... again !

Angry You use the term Man loosely.

.......Those who "Cut and Run"You

Quote Originally Posted by 03Foxtrot View Post
    Just submitted a recent story about me confronting a fake Viet-Nam vet that happened just three weeks ago, while I was in recovery at a hospital after knee surgery. Was a pretty good story but, as usual, after taking longer than apparently allowed, after I hit submit, I was required to log in again and then, after doing so, I got the blank page and my post disappeared forever. WTF.... again !
    I've had that happen more than once. I would suggest using Microsoft "Word" and them copying and pasting it into the posting window if it's a long story.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    But I was reading an article about Vietnam statistics in the Marine Air Transporter , Feb. 2011 issue that stated that of the 2,709,918 who served in the country of Vietnam , only around 850,000 are left .

This means that only one in three are alive today . That's sad as many of us were planning to live forever when we were so young so many years ago , as we have spent our time in that Asian war and survived , unlike some of our brothers / sisters , who didn't come home .

And now there are those who claim to be what many of us were and are , guess time tells who the low lifes are , again !

Semper Fi to my Vietnam brothers as there are less of us here each day !
    There are less because of being exposed to Agent Orange.......lost my Marine because of it. The VA rated him at a total of 240 percent.. he only needed 100 percent. The bad part is he waited so long to apply, he worked every day and could barely make it 50 ft without resting his legs. He never complained and was a strong man...

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    There are less because of being exposed to Agent Orange.......lost my Marine because of it. The VA rated him at a total of 240 percent.. he only needed 100 percent. The bad part is he waited so long to apply, he worked every day and could barely make it 50 ft without resting his legs. He never complained and was a strong man...
    Sorry for your loss Gina and you are correct. Because of Agent Orange Viet Vets will for the most part not equal or exceed the lifespan of WW2 or Korea Vets. If the Government had been more forthcoming with the known dangers of AO perhaps lives would have been saved and the quality of life more enhanced.

Thread Information