Phony Vietnam Vets Proliferate - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Fist Fu,
    You have every right to be very proud.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Wow this is amazing I was with Mag 16 Da Nang and we pulled out in July of 71 and went to Eltoro where alot of us where given orders elsewhere, I didnt think there was anymore airwingers in Nam after Mag 16 Left...

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Veteran So Frigging What??????????????

USUALLY THE THING THAT TWIST'S MY TAIL,IS A'NOTHER SERVICE MEMBER .MOSTLY MARINES THAT WERE IN DURING 'NAM,IT SEEM'S AS THOUGH THEY ARE THE ONE'S WHO;WON'T LEAVE IT A'LONE WITH CHIT LIKE.WELL YOU KNOW I WISHED I COULD'VE MADE IT ('NAM) IT'S LIKE THEY FUCING MISSED SOMETHING???

VMA(aw)-225 pulled out of DaNang RVN in June of 71. Last A-6A outfit to leave Nam! some of the unit went back via ship stateside and ended up at
    El Toro, the rest of us went back via Okinawa to stateside and were bused from the Air Force base to El Toro.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    FISTFULL. Help me man Sometimes I can't stop crying.What the F**k did they miss?

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    FISTFULL. Help me man Sometimes I can't stop crying.What the F**k did they miss?
    I didn't get to go either, but I still feel like I should have been there and have done my duty. But I didn't finish my last school until August 9, 1974, by which time it was pretty much over for most of our forces. Instead, I was sent to MCB Camp Lejeune where I got to see the April 30, 1975 evacuation on TV.

I did get to go to Afghanistan right at the end of my military career and it gave me a sense of satisfaction that I was doing my part this time. I think that's what Marines miss about not having been in Nam.

Casualties

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36
    Actually in April 1972, MAG-15 (F-4s) was sent to Danang and then subsequently to Nam Phong (aka: Rose Garden), Thailand. MAG-12 (A-4s) was sent to Bien Hoa, RVN in May 1972 and stayed there until the Jan73 cease fire. I was at Bien Hoa with VMA-211.

We also had I/3/9 (Rein) assigned as "MAG-12 Security Detachment". We were never allowed to refer to them by their real unit designator - after all, no Marine gound forces were in-country any more.

VMA-311 had a pilot KIA and VMA-211 had a pilot POW, plus a corporal KIA in a rocket attack. MAG-12 also suffered a number of WIA on the ground due to rocket/mortar attacks. There was also at least one accidental death, of a Marine armorer shot by an Air Force armorer who was fooling around with a .45 pistol.

Also, 1st ANGLICO had a detachment still in RVN, plus USMC advisors (of which then-Capt John Ripley was one), MACV staff, and of course the embassy Marines (including a extra contingent of infantry Marines who manned the perimeter wall and side gates, a job assignment made after Tet 1968).
    The casualties that I looked at were combat deaths, I think, so the WIAs and POW wouldn't count and neither would the accidental.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    Coincidentally, I was discussing my Vietnam service with my VA shrink just this morning. I felt that the experienced sucked purple cool-aid in many respects. However, I saw the elephant and did my duty well despite the rotten and difficult parts. Yet there were still pleasant and funny moments well worth remembering fondly.

I can look at myself in the mirror, think of my friend who was KIA, and know that I did my best short of giving what he gave. Literally, I would have been in his place but for the flip of a coin.

I did not enlist expecting to see Vietnam. It was winding down fast and our DIs harassed us no end for being "pussies" for enlisting so late. Surprise, surprise PFC Tipton.

My Vietnam service gave me a self-confidence greater than simply becoming a Marine gave me. I am grateful for that part of my combat experience, rather limited though it was compared to others on this site.

Because my Vietnam service was so unexpected, I hold absolutely no animus toward anyone who enlisted and did not go. They rolled the dice same as me.

When I die, if they only put "He did his duty" on my stone, I would be satisfied.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool You Could'a Taken My Place?????????????????????

SPARKLIER, THEY DIDN'T MISS A FUCING'THANG;'CEPT MAYBE STAYING ALIVE???

Mos?

There's another site that has an arrow to zoom down the list of M.O.S.'s that makes the big green machine work. It takes about two minutes for the damn thing's a coming by in a blur. Everyone can't be a cook, a grunt, intellegence, could go on and on and never get through hitting this key board all day. Good god, if everyone was out there pounding the bush for the the quick shot, damn war would have bogged down. Every job is just as important as the other. If you were burning the schiters in the rear, it was essential. Now correct me if I'm wrong,"Once a Marine, alway's a Marine".
    Even being a private in the brig is essential, give the flucking M.P.'s a chance to work in their MOS. Semper Fi Brothers!

As far as the fluking wanta be's. Got them in every walk of life.

I just returned from a 3/7/1 reunion. On one hand I can say that I wouldn't have missed my experience for the world. I've made life long friends and done things that most people will never do. On the other hand I've seen and done things that no one should ever have to see or do. I don't know--- I guess it evens out. Anyone who didn't go has nothing to be ashamed of. As Master Sgt Hinkley says every job is important.
    By the way Fist, I made my first trip to the Wall on Friday. It was absolutely the most moving experience of my post Marine Corps life.
    Semper Fidelis and Welcome Home my Brothers.

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Al'ways Faithful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

WALK-TALL SGT.COUP,'CAUSE YOU'R IN GIANT COUNTRY

This is a freaken great thread...way to tell them Jack!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was sitting at a bar having a drink with the chief instructor for sniper school when in walked a young lad wearing one of those satin I love the Marine Corps coats. Tatoos on both arms. Web belt cinched up too tight. High and tight. Dip in his mouth. Eye of the eagle. I said come sit with us lad I'll buy you a beer. He sat down and proceeded to inform us about his exploits as an instructor at sniper school Quantico. As the beer kept flowing the stories became more extravagant. We finally let the cat out of the bag and found out he was a cook. It was fun. He left without saying good-bye.

Good story Bulk, lol.

Thread Information