What ever happened to SEMPER FI????
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down What ever happened to SEMPER FI????

LOS ANGELES

The Marines Corps said Tuesday it had dropped all charges against a sergeant in exchange for his testimony against fellow Marines accused of killing 24 civilians in Haditha, the deadliest criminal case to arise from the Iraq war.

Sgt. Sanick P. Dela Cruz had been charged with unpremeditated murder in the death of five Iraq civilians.

Lt. Gen. James Mattis, who announced the deal Tuesday, said the charges against Dela Cruz had been dismissed April 2. Dela Cruz was given immunity in exchange for his testimony, the Marines said. "Dela Cruz is required to testify," Marine spokesman Lt. Col. Sean Gibson said.

The Marine squad had suffered a fatality on Nov. 19, 2005, when its convoy was rocked by a roadside bomb blast. In the aftermath of the explosion, the troops are accused of killing 24 Iraqis in Haditha.

Four enlisted Marines were charged with unpremeditated murder, and four officers were charged with failing to adequately report the deaths.
    Aside from the murder charge, Dela Cruz faced one charge of making a false official statement with intent to deceive. He faced a possible life sentence, dishonorable discharge, dismissal and forfeiture of pay.

Dela Cruz, 24, is the first Marine to make a deal with the government in the case. His testimony will likely form a vital part of the prosecution's case.
    The Marine Corps announced the charges in December, but there have been no preliminary hearings and no court dates have been finalized. What would have been the first hearing in the case, for another Marine accused of murder, was recently delayed at the government's request.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Isn't Jack Murtha looking into this?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WOULD (YOU) TAKE A LIFE SENTENCE,AT HARD LABOR;AND A DISHONABLE FOR A TRIGGER HAPPY COMRADE??? S/F THAT

what a turd.

No Corporal if these young men crossed the line then they should be burned..

Lightbulb

Well,we weren't there,but the Sgt. was ! Might be wise to wait for more information,before we judge him to harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy
    No Corporal if these young men crossed the line then they should be burned..
    hmm, I'll stick with what I said. The evidence is not pointing toward a conviction of unpremeditated murder, but he's ready to testify. NCIS is very good about finding out who the weak man is, I'm sure he's thinking he can salvage his career from this too.

If they crossed "the line" for me that would be going on a rampage, killing women and children in order to vent their anger, grief, and disgust at the death of their squadmate due to the actions of people in that village. That's what the case is built around, and it's rather flimsy.

If they crossed "the line" they deserve a fair conviction, with the inclusion of mitigating circumstances, like any courts martial. There's nothing that has come out about the case that indicates that they need to be burned: harshly punished for especially igregious violation of the UCMJ.

All-

From the information that I have read, This Sgt was up on charges as well as his junior Marines. In fact, in one of the statements that I found a LCpl and Pfc both testified that the Sgt led them into the "raid" and never ordered them to stop.

From my point of view, this Sgt realized how much deep sh!t that he was in, and instead of taking responsibility for his own acitons, he took the easy way out and is pinning it on his junior Marines.

Quite honestly I hate to see any of these Marines up on charges, Although I was not there, I have been to fallujah and know how it is.

All I can say is take the punishment that is coming to you... Do not be a candy @ss or buddy f^$ker...

As a Marine NCO are you not responsible for the actions of your men???

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    Sh1t rolls downhill and from what I have read and heard the SGT is going to tell all to save his hide.

I will reserve judgement until all of the trial is over and the facts are in. I am totally with the Marines who stand by each other

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Wtf????!!!!!

Marines Cut and Run – Drop Charges Against Vet Who Claimed Iraq War is Illegal
    “Marines Cower at a Real Debate on Whether War Crimes are Being Committed in Iraq”
    WASHINGTON - JUNE 29 - Liam Madden, the Iraq War veteran who claimed the military attack on Iraq was “an illegal war of aggression under Nuremberg principles” and that “war crimes were being committed in Iraq,” received word today that the Marines have dropped the charges against him rather than provide a forum for these issues to be debated. The Marines had claimed his comments were “disloyal” and threatened to reduce his discharge from honorable to less than honorable.

“I planned to argue that my comments were accurate and therefore not disloyal. In fact, it is the duty of veterans and active duty members of the military to stand up and tell their leaders when war crimes are being committed,” said Madden. “Now that the military has chickened out and dropped these charges I hope others will join me in speaking out against this illegal war.”

The Marines offered to drop the charges against Madden if he agreed to not wear his uniform at demonstrations. Liam responded that he would agree to that only if the Marines agreed that his comments about the war being illegal were not disloyal because they were accurate. His response to the Marines is below.

“The dropping of charges in my case should be a signal to all vets that they can speak out. The Marine Corps fear of holding a disciplinary hearing is an admission that my comments were accurate. If the Marines had moved forward to discipline me I would have brought forward leading legal scholars, military law experts and historians to demonstrate conclusively that the United States is now engaged in an illegal war of aggression under international law and therefore all acts being taken are war crimes,” said Madden.

Madden is currently on tour with fellow vets going to military bases to reach out to active duty troops and urge them to get involved in efforts to end the war. “The reception we are receiving is remarkable. There is no doubt that more and more troops are coming to the conclusion that this war is wrong and are ready to speak out. Indeed, under international law all acts taken in an illegal war of aggression are considered war crimes,” noted Madden.

Madden can be reached while he is on the road for interviews. His number is 703-408-3626.

http://www.commondreams.org/news2007/0629-08.htm

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A HARD RAIN IS GONNA FALL

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Whatever happened to

Madden is currently on tour with fellow vets going to military bases to reach out to active duty troops and urge them to get involved in efforts to end the war.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A HARD RAIN IS FALLING

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Who is sponsoring this? He sounds serious here

“The dropping of charges in my case should be a signal to all vets that they can speak out. The Marine Corps fear of holding a disciplinary hearing is an admission that my comments were accurate. If the Marines had moved forward to discipline me I would have brought forward leading legal scholars, military law experts and historians to demonstrate conclusively that the United States is now engaged in an illegal war of aggression under international law and therefore all acts being taken are war crimes,” said Madden.

The same thing is happening to Semper Fi that has already happened to the vast majority of the country (HOORAY FOR ME and ***** the rest).

Semper Fi

Thread Information