questions about MOS 4421
Create Post
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

questions about MOS 4421

I have questions about the Mos in which i have choosen i know that after Boot i go to Mct and after Mct I attend a MCB in North Carolina for administrative school but when does my Law training actually begin ? and once i have completed it do I have the choice of choosing the place in which i get stationed at, or do ppl of my Mos have a specific place in which they must b based ???

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Post Check the "Book"

EJS,

Your recruiter has a book known as the Marine Corps Opportunites Book or MCOB. In this book he can show you the school locations and duration for our MOSs. By reviewing your Statement of Understanding (SOU) that you completed for your job guarantee, either prior to or during your processing at MEPS, your recruiter can answer any questions you may have.

This is a good example to highlight the contact and communication that should exist between a Poolee and his/her recruiter. Your recruiter has several tasks he is responsible for. One of them was to introduce you to the Corps and show you the benefits of service as a Marine. He must also prepare your enlistment documents and assist you in joining the DEP. The job is far from over when you swear into the DEP. His real work is just beginning. He must help you to mentally and physically prepare for recruit training. This is the importance of pool meetings/functions. He is there every step of the way to get you in the best condition possible to begin your training. In order for you to focus on this training, he needs to answer questions and concerns that may pop up on occasion so that your mind is clear to focus on being prepared for ship day. Your recruiter should be your first source of this information. Call your recruiter regularly (weekly) to check in, ask questions and advise him on your status as you work towards ship day. The Marine Corps is serious business! We do not enlist someone and let them get ready for training on their own. A recruiter knows what is expected of a recruit. He wants to see you succeed, sometimes more than you may want it for yourself. It's not like buying some material object and walking out of the store, never to hear from or speak to a store representative again. We pride ourselves on our leadership and ability to make young Marines successful. Your participation in the DEP and your recruiter's knowledge of training will ensure your success at MCRD. Get involved and stay involved!

Sixguns

Credits
    Savings
    Thanx Sixguns Iv been in the Dep since 020213 iv talked to my recruiter bout this b4 but i just wanted to get inside advice, in other words i wanted to get advice by some1 that has the MOs i have choosen, and yes i do attend my Pool functions regularly and i have a very broad range of knowledge on wat the Corps is bout n Corps history . But if u can can u do me a favor n tell me who i can speak to that has the Mos that i have choosen it would b very helpfull .

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Lightbulb Legal Info

EJS,

Perhaps you can have your recruiter contact a base legal office and put you in touch with a Marine serving in that MOS. One of my recruiters was a 4421 and is now a legal officer. He is here at Quantico. Send me a PM if you are interested in speaking to this Marine. I will get you his contact information.

Credits
    Savings
    Hey just curious but r there any UCMJ books out there like UCMJ 101 im into stuff like this, such as section 86 of UCMJ witch is pretty strict but hey u snooze u lose lol . If there is any books on UCMJ or on Judge Advocate Generals let me know . Im a information seeker lol Laterz

EJS_LAW_DAWG

There's a couple links fer the UCMJ under a thread in Sgt Pap's Place called "I need yer expertise, Marines" see if some of that is what yer looking for. I figure some of the Ol Law Dawgs runnin around the site will be checkin in with ya, too, sooner or later. Lots of info on the web re: Marine Corps, too. Do yer best to hunt it down!

Thread Information