tomorrow, the day of truth - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    They are starting to get violent in Portland........peace protest my .................. I can't believe they are burning flags AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i hate portland!!!!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    WE ALSO HAD A PRO TROOPS RALLY IN PORTLAND. THAT RALLY HAD NO VIOLENCE WHATSOEVER. JUST GOES TO SHOW YA WHO IS ACTUALLY FOR VIOLENCE (THE SO CALLED PEACE PROTESTORS). I hope the Iraqis just give up so I can hold a sign in Portland that says you were wrong protestors we won.......haha

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Today, attending a PRO-BUSH PRO-TROOPS Rally in downtown Portland, Or., as I was walking back to my pickup, lo and behold, I intersected with several hundred Anti-Bush Pro-Saddam "peace" protesters. As they chanted, "Peace, When do we want it," I stood straight and yelled back, "here's your peace," and waved them the figure. Oh, ya, a little "spit" escaped my mouth. Several of them surrrounded me. Ya, like that would scare me. They asked me not to spit. Told them not to spit on my brother and sister Marines, with their demonstrations. Told them to go read their history. Told them to **** themselves. They walked away.

Just then, a camera man for a news agency extended his hand to me, while we shook hands he said, "thanks for doing that, I'm a Sgt. in the National Guard, thanks for standing up against them. You're cool." I said, "thanks" back and said I was a veteran LCpl. of the Marine Corps.

As far as I'm concerned, these yellow-belly son-of-a- bitvhes are belittling our brother and sister Marines, and all the other troops out there. They can kiss my a$$.

Vancouver, Washington - for those of you unfamiliar with the Northwest, is directly across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon.

HOWEVER, IF I WERE ACTIVE TODAY - MY DEMEANOR WOULD OF BEEN TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I WOULD OF AVOIDED - AT ALL COSTS - ANY AREA WHERE CONFLICT OF THIS NATURE MAY OCCUR. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT IN THIS FORUM.

semper fi,
    jchristin

Credits
    Savings
    I live right by Portland. I thank you Marines for everything. Who cares what the protestors say. Yeah I saw on the news where the anti war protestors tried to start a fight with those ralling for our troops. Thanks for being out there Mam. I want to get another rally started in Camas.

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    grrrr...Don't the realize that their pathetic little protests don't do anything but **** people off? I think it's time for me to bring out my "stupid stick" and knock some sense into these people.

Credits
    Savings
    The people in Portland were whining that since Oregon has really no money we should be saving them not going to war. They said people are living on the street but we are paying to fight in Iraq. What they don't realize is that their little protest yesterday cost Oregon a lot of money, because they had to have police, and police vehicles. The last 2 protests they have done have cost over 25,000 dollars..........and the Government is wasting money?

Now yer gettin' the picture, bud.

One plus one is two, and those folks don't want to learn how to count.

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Sure am glad I've got Mt Hood and the rest of the Cascades keeping the peace protestors (I do like calling them that) from coming over here. Though, if they did... well, the desert is large and more'n a few have been 'lost' in it...

Registered User Free Member dikatry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    JChristin: If you learn of any more pro-bush, pro-troop rallys in portland or in the Northwest post it on here. I will go for certain and I know there is a lot of people on here from the Northwest that would be willing to go support.

Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    WE should start one in Vanouver. I have lots of friends that would support it. We could have it at the mall because that is where the Marine Corps recruiting station is.

It's about time. Saddam needs to taken out of his regime. The people of Iraq have been suffering for nearly a quarter of a decade. I hate to see suffering. The Marines will definitely get the job done. They're already starting to close in on Baghdad. We are already starting to see the effects of war. May those who were killed yesterday rest in peace. These men may have died early in the war, but were still an important part of our campaign. No one can ever deny this. I don't wish to see anymore suffering. I'm on open contract at the moment. It's the hardest choice of my life: What will I do for 4 years? I want to fight, but I also want to write, it's what I'm best at. I feel I can accomplish a lot as a combat correspondent. I almost feel like I'm cheering on the sidelines right now. One thing I've also noticed is that some of the protesters are blissfully unaware of the price of freedom. Yes, we may lose lives in the process, but I'm sure that they don't want chemical weapons tested on them or be forced to vote for a dictator at gunpoint. No matter what happens, I will be proud to serve my country, just like my forefathers and all of the Marines here! I will also be a first generation Marine after I graduate. To all of you guys who have served in the past, thank you. Thank you for fighting for freedom, justice, and peace. You all truly shine with the Corps values: Honor, Courage, and Committment. I can't wait to join you all. It will be a proud moment for me when I do.

Credits
    Savings
    What they don't realize is that in Iraq they couldn't protest like they do here. If they did they would be killed. I'm serious about that Vancouver thing

True dat! I wholeheartedly agree with you! Oh well... some people are just stupid, I guess!!

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by 03Infantry
    What they don't realize is that in Iraq they couldn't protest like they do here. If they did they would be killed. I'm serious about that Vancouver thing

I enjoy hearing your spirit. Doing that which is right is not always the easiest thing to do. Oftentimes, it may require biting one's fingernails so hard that fingers disappears! I know and understand. Self-Imposed Restraint (SIR) is not always comfortable, especially at times like these. Particularly in the "touching-touching/feely-feely liberal drench area of western Oregon and Washington. When I arrived home last night and watched the television local news and saw that those anti-war protester were burning the United States Flag, my rage grew. If only I and the few other Marines (vets) I spent time with had only witnessed that.

At this point, for anyone entering the finest military branch in the world will be better served individually to wait on the sidelines and stay out of any trouble, so that the Marine Corps as a whole can be better served by your dedication to duty. Have to keep that police record clean as a whistle!

If you are committed to standing on the sidelines and waving the greatest flag in the entire world, we will do so! However, if you are active - you have already received orders to stay away.

semper fi
    jchristin

Credits
    Savings
    I am gonna bite my whole finger off, but I know you are right.

Thread Information