Good Morning everybody:

I need some help, wondering if someone can help me. My husband is 29 years old he took his ASVAB almost two years ago now and went in the dep program last July to ship out this past December. He has a college degree from overseas which has been reclassified according to the U.S standards and was considered as a 4 year degree. He also speak 4 languages
fluently Arabic happens to be one of them. His recruiter for a lack of better word screwed us, my husband had a charge on his record a misdemeanor for not paying a hotel bill. It was a whole misunderstanding the bill was paid and my husband did not serve parole or time in jail. His uncle had put him up in a hotel on his own credit card when the card was maxed out the hotel wouldn’t wait for a few hours till his uncle came over to put a different method of payment.

Needless to say, after they called the police his uncle had shown up paid the bill for him but since my husband was charged he paid a $200 fine. The bill was $600 so the Marine Corp considers this a felony because it is more than $500. My husband and I told the recruiter about it before hand but he instructed in fact yelled at my husband every time we would bring it up and told him not to say anything to the people at MEPS. After my husband signed his contract as expected it showed up on the background check, the recruiter told us not to worry about it and that he had gotten the waiver because it was easier asking for a waiver being
in the program than being form the outside of the program. Due to my husband’s resilient attitude and determination RSS said they would consider giving him the waiver if he would retake the ASVAB to score 50 or higher because he has to be an “A”. He took the test last month but scored 39 so now they said he has to wait till August before he can take it again although he passed. Our neighbor an Army recruiter said that Army
regulation is he can take it every 30 days as long as he passes the test.

So if he goes and takes the test for the Army but then tells the Army he changed his mind can he ask the Corp to retrieve his score from the Army if he scores more than 50? Since he took it under Army rules and not Marine rules? He scored a first class PFT he needed a weight waiver because he was 10 pounds over but now he doesn’t need it because he lost the weight. He wants to be a grunt, so should he take the test with the Army and then go to the Corp or should he wait till August? Is any one here a recruiter who can help he is willing to travel any where in the
country. The people at the RSS respect him a lot especially the
Sergeant Major because he is so determined he even did better than most 17 year old in dep as well as some of the recruiters. He is now studying for his Masters in Military Studies at the American Military University in VA. Any suggestions?

Thank you
Semper FI