Buddy system
Create Post

Thread: Buddy system

Buddy system

Are there any drawbacks to going into bootcamp with a friend in the buddy system? Would that be something the D.I. would use and F*** with you for?

Semper Fi

You give them a reason and they will. If you both want to go you can join and go at the same time. In boot camp you don't have time to chat with your friend.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by devildog2011
    Are there any drawbacks to going into bootcamp with a friend in the buddy system? Would that be something the D.I. would use and F*** with you for?

Semper Fi
    The only drawback is the fact that you can't visit your friend! I went in with two friends and we never,,ever spoke to each other until graduation day! We didn't have family day in those days. As to the second part of your question, the DIs won't know you have a friend, why would they? They don't have time to sit and read every little detail about his recruits!

I attended recruit training with two of my high school buddies. nobody there had any idea we were friends

dont go around holding your buddies hand and telling people, "we are on the buddy program."

check that: when you get there hold youre buddies hand and say, "good evening sarge we are here on the buddy program and our recruiter said we could be rack buddies"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just had the funniest visual!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yea, I can hear the recruiter now, "YOU BOYS HOLD HANDS SO YOU WON'T GET SPLIT UP, AND TELL THE MAN IN THE FUNNY HAT THAT I SAID YOU COULD SLEEP TOGETHER", ---------------NOT! But try it, who knows---it may work for you guys!

Thread Information