Looking for Anti-Tank TOW Marines
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for Anti-Tank TOW Marines

Looking for fellow Marines that served from 1979-1983 San Diego/Camp Pendleton in the 1st Marine Division, 1st Tank Battalion .

Bulldog

wrong years and coast.....lol

1980 - 1985 29 Palms Tow Company 3rd Tank Bn.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hey usmvmcbulldog, I hope you find your TOW Bros. If not we got a lot of motivated hard chargers that can be trained if you have something in particular in mind!

Hell I'd drop my CivDiv Gear if you want to train us!

Hunting and killing Muj Safe houses and Bunkers sound great! I and many others are motivated to kill a Murmansk Weapons Bunkers.

Technicalliy tell us truly is that much different than killing an AQ Bunker in Al Anbar? Teach us by the numbers and we will kill them.

Last edited by yellowwing; 06-20-07 at 03:47 AM.

1984 - 1988 AT-Tow Company, 3rd Tank Bn. MCAGCC 29 Palms, Ca.
    1991 - 1992 AT-Tow Company, 3rd Tank Bn. MCAGCC 29 Palms, Ca.
    1992 AT-Tow Company, 1st Tank Bn. MCAGCC 29 Palms, Ca.
    1995 - 1999 H&S Co., Scout Plt., 1st Tank Bn. MCAGCC 29 Palms, Ca.

You found one!

Hi - I don't know who is looking, and I know I'm really late (5 years), but I was in TOW Co from 76-80. Initially I was in one of the gun platoons (1st platoon), but later went to supply and NBC for the company.

I will check back soon, but let me know who you are

I was one of the first Marines in The Newly formed TOW Co 1st Tank Battalon at Los Flores

Very Cool!
    Did you have to sleep in battalion with the cooks?
    Were you in one of the gun platoons? Or headquarter platoon?

TOW Co

I served in Second Platoon, I don't know what I enjoyed more the TOW Weapon or the M151 Jeeps. It's because of the Time I spent in TOW Co that I have a Love of Jeeps. I have had 5 different Jeeps from the CJ 5 to the CJ 7 one YJ and two TJ's all lifted and modified. Still love the ole M151

Hello Bulldog, I was in headquarters platoon 1st Tank Battalion Tow Company from 1981 to 1983 I worked at the jeep ramp lubing jeeps in the motor pool, I still know Wade Larson and still remember Corporal Fanus and Corporal James. I'll try to remember some more names that you might know.

I was 76 thru 79 1st tow 1st plt 2nd sec 3rd sq brown Clancy hager I rember bell

I was in Hq. Co. from Nov. '82 to early '84. Went back to TOW Co. for float mid '84 to Dec. '84. Left TOW Co. for Mainside [Security Platoon] in mid '85. Was also TOW at 1st. Marines [Horno] in '87 and 1st. LAV BN in '87-'88. Cpl. Mullis.

usmvmcbulldog - I served proudly Tow Co end of 1978 till 8/31/1982 2 tours in Okinawa 1st 1979 - we established first Tow Co on the Rock, sailed over on the USS Juneau. 2nd Tour 1982 got back to states early Aug, - Some of the folks I remeber Lyle D Blackelk, Angelo P Garcia, Dale Nos*****, Mike Shae aka scruffy, and Jay Cook who gave me my nick name "Outlaw" after I "borrowed" the Officer of the Days Jeep in Okinawa, extremelly intoxicated, checking posts and in civies ... No Court Martial, no loss of rank, basically grounded to barracks last 2 weeks Oki, and released once back in Pendleton, Captain thought it was funny... lol

Quote Originally Posted by tony forti View Post
    Hello Bulldog, I was in headquarters platoon 1st Tank Battalion Tow Company from 1981 to 1983 I worked at the jeep ramp lubing jeeps in the motor pool, I still know Wade Larson and still remember Corporal Fanus and Corporal James. I'll try to remember some more names that you might know.
    Sgt Knight, Nosbich, Cook, Dewitt, SSGT Paul, Kaeka,

I served in TOW 1st tank btln 1st mar div. Camp Pendelton Los Flores 1978 to 1981.

Thread Information