Looking for John N Cole, Jr/USMC/Vietnam
Create Post

Looking for John N Cole, Jr/USMC/Vietnam

John was my husband who passed away a few years ago. He served in the USMC from 01/23/63 - 02/11/67. He was in boot camp at 29 Palms from 2/14/63 until Jan 64. He then went on 'duty' with 'B Btry 2nd LAAMS' 1/19/64. Transfered back, possibly training, 6/28/65? and back on 'duty' with '1st Light AA Missile Battalion Aircraft, Fleet Marine Force, Pacific 8/25/66? He was discharged from Cherry Point 2/11/67 and his last duty assignment was 'B Btry, 3d LAAMB?, MACC-2,2dAW, FMFlant,MCAS'? His speciliaty number and title was '5915-HAWK Elec Mech Repairman'

When he returned to civilian world, he had no memoralbila from the war, no medal, ribbons, photos - nothing. I have his DD214, his medical records (which have some items erased) and have sent off a form 180 requesting a copy of his 'service record book' and a photograph, and told to just 'wait'

I am looking for ANYONE who might have know John during his Vietnam service.
    Thanks for your assistance.

This is the guy to talk to Don Scoggin
    he knows everything about Bravo Battery from abour 62 to 68 and maby more . I was with them from 63 to late 64,

Here is his address

Donald R Scoggin
    E64091280th Avenue
    Ridgeland Wi 54763-9502

oh lookie here even have hi phone number

Scoggins, Donald R & Marlyn

E6409 1280 Ave
    Ridgeland, WI 54763
    715-658-1051

Looking for Cole

The Marine Corps has two boot camps. Marine Corps Recuit Depot, Parris, Island, S.C. and M.C.R.D. SanDiego, Calif. Twenty nine palms is the desert war-fare training facility for the Marine Corps and the army. There is a site that's building and will be great when finished, the information is being posted by past and present Marines scanning what they have and uploading. Posting a platoon picture, platoon book with all the recruits. When finished it will be from the l930's to present. It's www.********************* If you don't find anything to help from Mr. Palmer's input, keep checking the above mentioned site. Good Luck and a personal SEMPER FI!

Thread Information