Just a couple of questions..
Create Post

Just a couple of questions..

Ok, I just had a couple of things I've been wondering about and since I ship out next sunday I figured I'd try to get some answers the 'easy' way instead of going the 'hard' way with a in my face. The first thing is, I'm flat footed (and I have Morton's Toe lol). But I don't have any problems with it, any pain I do feel from whatever I do feels normal. I guess that's how I was able to enlist in the first place. Would they issue me soles or anything like that anyway? When I was at MEPS the doctor in there (the area where we do duckwalks and what not) immediately noticed my feet and asked me was there anything wrong with me feet. I was nervous as hell and said no before it even registered (i wasn't lying though) But I guess my question is, when they notice my feet, will they try to give me soles/inserts?

Second question is about glasses, Since I don't wear contacts or had any eye surgery, all I have to do is bring my glasses with me to the MCRD correct? (of course with all my other papers and packet).

P.S.: Can I bring my iPod since it saved a soldier's life?? (Haha just kidding... ....... woops)

They'll issue you inserts if you need them. They will decide if you need them or not.

Bring your glasses, and they'll get you some nice BCs soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Bring your glasses, and they'll get you some nice BCs soon though.

Sexy BCG's!!

lol.

Hahaha Thanks for replying! I know I barely post up here but I read almost every topic on this site everyday! I'm gonna miss all of you guys sunday, but I'll remember everything you've taught me

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimawpnx

P.S.: Can I bring my iPod since it saved a soldier's life?? (Haha just kidding... ....... woops)

so i know ur dying to tell us because you wouldnt of said it unless you were.. How did your ipod save a soldiers life.

Oh it was in an article up here awhile ago, It saved an army soldier's life, from an AK47 bullet. (Well the iPod + His kevlar) He didn't even know he got shot until he pulled it out. (The iPod was in his left breast pocket)

:edit: not MY iPod, I don't even have one haha PSP all the way. It's also a joke on the Army bootcamp..I heard one area allows them to bring iPods to bootcamp

Credits
    Savings
    IPods to boot camp!!??
    Thats absurd.

"No PT for me today, I'm gonna relax and listen to some Bob Marley"

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimawpnx
    Oh it was in an article up here awhile ago, It saved an army soldier's life, from an AK47 bullet. (Well the iPod + His kevlar) He didn't even know he got shot until he pulled it out. (The iPod was in his left breast pocket)

:edit: not MY iPod, I don't even have one haha PSP all the way. It's also a joke on the Army bootcamp..I heard one area allows them to bring iPods to bootcamp

Quote Originally Posted by Cbx9
    IPods to boot camp!!??
    Thats absurd.

"No PT for me today, I'm gonna relax and listen to some Bob Marley"

Yeah i think they also get cable tv and their cell phones. And liberty as well. Not to mention the Army's policy on not yelling, They believe that they can teach without creating a stressfull enviorment or something like that. It just sound like pussification to me.

One of my friends got back from Army basic and told me about it. He said it was a pretty relaxed environment. He said his DI's only yelled for the first couple of weeks. Oh and they saw a few movies in there too.

LOL he had the nerve to say Marine Corps bootcamp is probably pretty easy nowdays too. what a pampered dumbass.

Now it depends on what Army Basic Training you goto, the Army has so many different damn training schools, its no even funny. MY brother was at Ft. Benning, or Sand Hill the proper name. They were not allowed to have anything. They had weights, and a radio to listen after the training day ended. (2000)

If you cant do the Marine Corps way, You want easy money without EARNing it, GO GAURD

Thread Information