So Confused - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Confused

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    MilitaryMom-
    The verbal landscape here at Leatherneck.com is about as varied as an inner-city asphalt playground to a grassy knoll somewhere in Kentucky. Tons of information is volunteered and wholeheartedly given. Some of it is quite short and to the point and at other times, with references and all, that information can be quite a literary achievement in terms of length and context.
    I personally like the short and sweet method of Greensideout. Maybe it's a male gender characteristic...I don't know.
    Whichever way the information comes toward you, MarineMom, know that someone is going to give you the best information available at the time or point you in a direction where other information will be available.
    Stay steady. Best of luck. Take care.
    Gary

Gary,
    Thank you very much for your kind words, don't worry about me, I am not the thinned skinned type, while 99% of the time I am very respectful and courteous, I have unfortunately had moments myself when I didn't engage my brain before I did my mouth or fingers and things came out brusque or offensive to another.

I do always try to think before I "speak", I fully believe that once said it can never be taken back, always be prepared to stand by your words and also be prepared that they can at times hurt deeper than a physical wound. If you can dish it you have to be able to take it.

I grew up in the military and have 4 sons, so am quite used to "mens ways" lol. Just don't make me go "MOM" on y'all or get on my broom, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMom
    Green,

Thank you for your wishes towords my son. Actually my son serves God and his country.
    MOM; We (Marines) are all 0311's to start with, from the 4 star Gen.,to the no striped PFC. What the Corps need at this point in His Career is to be the best truck driver he can be to support the Corps , freedom,and him self. Time will help him. I think the GySgtRet is right about the chain of command. Be sure to follow that chain!!! He will have a chance to try again but he has to show the Corps that he can and will do any and all t hing to help the Corps succed at its mission. When he proves that he is a Marine Then they will look at him. With Favor. I am one of those Viet Nam Marines and we all have a little different out look on things. Some are a little gruff and we don't know the differents. Tell your son good luck and GOD bless.

Sempri Fi
    Once a Marine, Allways a Marine

Thank You CW,

As of now Kevin has been put into Logistics he will be completing his current schooling at Ft. Leonard Wood then will be moving on to New River Air Base for more training.

He has also been meritoriously promoted to LCpl.

Also I will be leaving about 3 AM tomorrow to go pick him up for a 96 hour leave he's been granted for the Holiday/weekend with 28 dozen cookies (once a Mom always a MOM, lol) I made yesterday for the Marines who didn't get leave or a chance to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMom
    Thank You CW,

As of now Kevin has been put into Logistics he will be completing his current schooling at Ft. Leonard Wood then will be moving on to New River Air Base for more training.

He has also been meritoriously promoted to LCpl.

Also I will be leaving about 3 AM tomorrow to go pick him up for a 96 hour leave he's been granted for the Holiday/weekend with 28 dozen cookies (once a Mom always a MOM, lol) I made yesterday for the Marines who didn't get leave or a chance to go home.
    MOM;

SEMPRI FI

Credits
    Savings
    Images

MilitaryMom

I bet every kid in the neighborhood hung out at your place every summer, cookies for the Marines that didn't get leave, that is very nice of you. Better watch out though your sone may come home with a few of his new family...LOL If he has made LCpl already he is in no trouble at all. Something evedently went wrong at MCRD that we don't know about at this point or your son doesn't know how to say it or what to say?

Keep the faith MOM and have a great 4th of July...!!!

GySgt,

Thanks and a very Happy Fourth to you and yours also!

LOL, I have always had the home to hang out at and I would welcome any other Marines that need a place to go, my doors are always open when I can help.

Everyone is stumped as to what happened at Geiger, they've been great at Ft. L Wood trying to help my son and get him to a MOS he would like to make a career out of.

makes me wonder

I do not remember any kind of MOS training at New River Air Station. Me thinks he is going to MWSS 272, however I do not think they do MOS training there in logistics.

And by the way if you showed up with cookies on base, I would be hitching a ride back to your house, even if I did not know Kevin!

Semper Fi

By the way my old office was S4 at MWSS 272, New River Air Station, although I was in a safety billet I was apart of logistics S4

Cartee,

It wouldn't be the first time I brought a truck load of Marines/Sailors/Soldiers home with me, I have never been the one to let anyone stay behind if I can help it and it isn't necessary. When my oldest had his PIR from Navy boot on 12/23 in 99, I made 7 trips with the rental car in an ice storm to bring everyone without family there back to the hotel for a pool, pizza and sub/hero/grinder (geeze I never know what to call them lol) party.

Sorry not trying to look ignorant here but I haven't a clue as to what MWSS 272 even is.

All I do know is that he will be staying an extra 5 weeks in MO, for some type of additional training then is going to Camp LeJeuene and New River Air Base for more training and that after that his duty station will/should also be New River, as he will be assigned to an air wing. This info was told to me by the First Sgt. there at Ft L Wood....

Marine Wing Support Squadron is what it stands for. New River is home to the helicopter squadrons on the East coast. He'll get to do, and see, some fun stuff! MWSS Marines support individual helo squadrons in things like military police, food service, supply (logistics), motor transport, etc etc.

Hope that helps!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

MilitaryMom

Marine Wing Support Squadron 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing. I was stationed there in the 80s. That is the home of the Marine Corps V-22 Osprey. He should be interesting. Your son may even deploy from there in support of the Marine Air Wing. The headquarters for the 2nd MAW is at Cherry Point about 50 miles north of the New River, Camp Lejeune area. Here is the link to New River Air Station http://www.newriver.usmc.mil/ I hope this helps it may answer some of your questions that you may have.

Sgt L and Gy Sgt,

Thank you very much for the information! I will be sure to check out the link to try and understand more.

I'll also be asking my son more about everything later today when we get a chance to have some quiet time to sit and really talk.

Was a long trip there and back yesterday, this old lady isn't used to driving 19 hours straight anymore and since we got home everyone has been vying for their turn to have some time with him including the neighbors who were waiting outside with fireworks to shoot off as we passed by last night.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You sound a lot like my MOM! She had three sons in the Corps at the same time and one in the Army, all at the same time. I have always wondered how you MOMs do it! It must be a Tennessee thing as I live in Tennessee myself. You have the courage and strength of an Angel yet you have the compassion of a Saint! GOD BLESS you and all of your sons MARINE MOM, with your strength and encouragement, our country will be all the stronger.

Thank you for taking care of our Marines, Sailors and Soldiers, as I know they appreciate it! My prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you Mom! And, get some rest. Come back when you get the time. Spend time with him first! We'll always be here....

Dave

Thank you so very much for the compliments, I am seriously flattered!

Honestly I am nothing special, just me, it's the way I am. Always have and always will defend to my death not just my kids but all serving our country.

Thread Information