Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland?!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland?!

hey all, im stuck here for my MOS (2111) until mid july. anyone live out here that want to help this devil dog get off this base ??

Squad Leader Free Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go to the museum there. That place could keep me busy for a week easily. A lot longer if they let me into the non-public areas.

BTW, when are you going to change your avatar if you're in MOS school?

well..

i tried changing my avatar but i cant figure it out.. help?

Follow this link to update Your profile

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/pr...34658&def_pm=2

Ellie

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY LATE HUSBAND, SSgt Roger A. Alfano, USMC
    ONE PROUD MARINE
    1961-1977
    Vietnam 1968/69
    Once a Marine...Always a Marine

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1204617174

D7+++++++++++You are a US Marine. You go were you are told and do what you are told.

Be happy Dre, I wanted to be an armorer but didn't get it. I'd love to be "stuck" where you are.

I was on Aberdeen right before Major Sutton was replaced with the new CO. I hear he is very strick, plus lately there have been lots of problems. People beating up Maryland police officers and such. Hey, is SSgt St. Onge still platoon Sergeant of 3rd Platoon?

I had a young devil dog from Aberdeen that 'tried' to 'beat up' a police officer where I am now. Boy, was he an unhappy camper. His Gunny was even less happy when he came to get him.

Go to the Ordnance museum, I could spend a week there and STILL not see it all.

Rehobeth Beach isn't too far away from you, might try that as well.

Stay out of the local juke joints and away from Aberdeen proper. Big gang problem going on there right now. The last thing you need.

Your not far from Baltimore and Annapolis, both great places. Here are few websites for the surrounding counties....www.hdgtourism.com, www.belairmd.org, www.sixflags.com., www.baltimore.org. Check out minor leage baseball, Aberdeen Ironbirds or the Wilmington (DEL) Blue Rocks. You can always check the Orioles schedual to see if they are playing your fav. team, same goes for the Redskins or Ravens (don't know how long you'll be there). Your close to PA, so if you want some really good food, go into Amish country. Make sure you take some home, but find a local dairy and get some homemade ice-cream. Annapolis has a some great seafood resturants and there's an ice cream shop, that makes homemade ice cream. It's near the harbor.

Rehobeth beach is very nice, the Delaware beaches are all nice. Ocean City is fun to, but lots of people around in the summer. I'm sure there are places to rent boats/kayaks/canoes since you are on the Susquanhanna. This river takes you to the Chesapeake Bay. If you go into Baltimore, the better bars are in Fells Point, if you like Italian food, go to Little Italy. If you haven't had a MD crab yet, do so...They are yummy!! You are closer to Baltimore, but DC isn't that far if you take the metro. Hope this helped.

ooorah marines.. i am a marine and i will proudly go wherever im sent. but aberdeen is boring. I usually just hang out in towson on the weekends.. yes, SSgt. St. Onge (?) is still platoon sgt for 3rd plt. im in 2nd and about a week ago we had overnight libo and some marines ****ed up the towson sheraton so we got ****ed up for a week.. we paid the marine way.. our 1st Sgt was recon so he is hardcore... let me just say he made an example out of our platoon ... yes, im thinking of going out to DC soon to see the sights and visit some monuments.. but as a pvt in the corps, i dont make much and what i do make pays the bills.. so im not *****in.. just curious as to what else there is out here since everyone in the barracks is from elsewhere and we all have little to no knowledge of the area... im definately going to check out the ordnance museum though.. alright devil's.. take care and how bout a moto oorah?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Drehzahl7

Welcome to the Brotherhood of the Marine Corps. And Welcome to Leatherneck. If a few of you put your money together and made plans you could probably have a better time. But all would have to agree for it to work equitably for all. A few suggestions, DC as you mentioned, then there is The National Museum of the Marine Corps. We opened on November 10 2006 and we have had a bout 400,000 visitors sinc we opened. Best yet the admision is free. I will be there personally next Sunday, I would welcome you all aboard our great museum. In Baltimore there is lots to see. You don't have to have a lot of money if you pool your resources. Hey don't talk to me about not having money you make 10 times the amount that I did even as a Private.

Semper Fi

Ahh First Sergeant Acosta is still there? Yup he's one hardcore little guy Of course he is the tallest person in the detatchement!
    If you ever get time, could you tell SSgt. St. Onge that PFC Kinney says hello? I don't know if he'd remember me.

I'd much appreciate it!

The good thing about DC? ALL the monuments are FREE. Doesn't cost a dime to look, just the gas $$ to get there. Most of the museums are free as well. You owe it to yourself to go and see the sights, you may never again have the chance to do so, and you'll regret it if you don't. Sure, drinkin and partyin is fun as well (and believe me...I've done FAR more than my share) but in the end, sightseeing with a camera will be something you can remember, and share, for a lifetime. If you go to DC, go in Charlies, not civvies, if you are able. You will be pleasantly surprised I'm sure.

On my last Med float, I sometimes had to ORDER some of my Marines to 'see the sights' with me (Jerusalem at Christmas, the ruins of Ephesus, etc) but afterwards, every single Marine told me they were glad the old Sergeant made them go, as they could go bar hopping and "other things" any time, but how many people get to see this stuff on the gummint dime?

Just something to remember.

2100 Basic Ground Ordnance Maintenance

I was told that a Marine with this MOS is at Aberdeen,Maryland. Could anyone tell me how long the schooling is??

Quote Originally Posted by alysx3 View Post
    I was told that a Marine with this MOS is at Aberdeen,Maryland. Could anyone tell me how long the schooling is??

How about filling out some of your profile....site rules.
    And try google for 2100 Basic Ground Ordnance Maintenance MOS schooling.

Thread Information