The Burn, And Progress Reports - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    You guys are pretty good. Here's something Accord (PFC Gordon) told me while on libbo last weekend.

"Just know that when you get to recruit training, you're going to have alot of recruits who can only do 5 pullups, 70 crunches, and a 25 minute three mile as their FINAL PFT.

Don't look at those guys and be like "Oh, yeah, we're better than him, he sucks." Look at the guy who's got the highest PFT score and be like "What? He only got 21 pullups? I'll do 23...and run faster than him."
    Thats a good outlook on it, instead of talking crap about others just push yourself more than the best. Then maybe everyone else will push themselves so you have more competition, thus making you push yourself harder. So it will be a win-win situation with everyone pushing themselves harder to be the "best". Everyone should keep that in mind, I know I will.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've never liked the ones that think they're better than everyone else anyways. And God forbid I become one of them. I like the people who rise up to a challenge and try to excel above everyone else. There's no point to life if you don't push yourself. Gliding through on mommy or daddy's bank account is the same thing as living at home. I don't want it if I haven't earned it, partially the reason I'm joining the Corps.

Yeah and please qualify higher than Marksman and CWS4. Those are some of the things Marines do better than the Army. Shoot and swim.

"pizza box"

Physical endurance is just a small piece of the puzzle that makes a Marine infantryman.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq4eR...related&search=

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Marines do everything better then the Army. And my school sucks, I can't watch Youtube because of the stupid filter!

7:30 1.5 mile were they crazy runners from ehiopia holy crap, My PR for cross country 5k is 20:21, 7:30 seems unattainable.
    Oh and at my recruting station we never do push ups for our IST im not sure whats up with that

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My run time has just gone and confused me. Actually not my run time, rather my endurance. Earlier this year I cranked out a 15 miler and was kicking a$$, then more recently I got my 2.6 mile time down from 20.00mins to 17.50. Suddenly, today I went out attempting to do a long distance, and physically couldn't make it past 4.7miles. And when I say physically couldn't make it, I mean it was physical rather than mental, my legs started to buckle, I had a couple of dry heaves on the side of the road and could barely walk the 1.3 miles home.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by AZUSMC89
    7:30 1.5 mile were they crazy runners from ehiopia holy crap, My PR for cross country 5k is 20:21, 7:30 seems unattainable.
    Oh and at my recruting station we never do push ups for our IST im not sure whats up with that
    Marines dont do push ups, or atleast theyre not graded on them.
    Only Recon Marines are required to do push ups during their PFTs.

Quote Originally Posted by devildoghopeful
    My run time has just gone and confused me. Actually not my run time, rather my endurance. Earlier this year I cranked out a 15 miler and was kicking a$$, then more recently I got my 2.6 mile time down from 20.00mins to 17.50. Suddenly, today I went out attempting to do a long distance, and physically couldn't make it past 4.7miles. And when I say physically couldn't make it, I mean it was physical rather than mental, my legs started to buckle, I had a couple of dry heaves on the side of the road and could barely walk the 1.3 miles home.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Sounds like you haven't been keeping up with your long distance if thats happening, OR that your running too fast for you body to keep up. You should try again only slower and see if it happens again.

Sorry to pull up the old thread, but I had a sweet day today before work. I ran my usual Monday morning PFT and I rocked it. First time hitting 20 pullups (**** yeah ), did 122 crunches, and knowing that I was at a perfect so far made me do pretty good on my runtime from usual I got a 20:17, for a 286. I'm so psyched...All my hard work is paying off and I cannot wait to get to the Island. Well almost time to get back to work...I'll be back on around 01:00 lol!

And I still have a month to get better...hahaha, sooo excited lol

I have a year and 2-ish months until I enlist + deploy. I'm a lazy *** though, and just started working out. I'm wayyy too ashamed to put my stats up here haha... but it's encouraging to see all you guys doing so well!!

YOU WILL NOT BE TOLD ABOUT OVER RIDING THE CENSOR AGAIN>>>

I SEE A TIME OUT IN SOMEONE'S FUTURE

Ellie

Last edited by thedrifter; 06-26-07 at 06:26 AM.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just about 6 months ago, I used to way about 225 lbs. and at 6'4'' thats not ''fat'', but rather ''thick''. I could probably pull off 7 pull-ups if I strained real hard, and don't think that I could have run more than a mile and a half. And I would have been panting, and had to rest the rest of the day. about 50 sit-ups. Now 2 weeks before I ship, I just ran about 4 miles to the recruiter station, and then 1.5 back. I can get about 13 or 14 pull-ups, and around 72 sit-ups. Also the other day I ran the mile and a half in 9:34. I am down to 180 lbs. I hope I will be better when I get back from San Diego.

6'4 225 is not thick for your height. I'm 6'0 and thats my requirement to DEP in. Your a real skinny guy now if you weight 180.

Lets Hear More Progress

Been awhile since some of us have posted updates on how we have been doing. But my progress

-Jog 3.3 miles roughly 25 mins (Rough estimation, haven't officially time myself)
    -Working on different styles of crunches so on some I get about 20 and then it burns and for some I can get about 70-75 before it burns
    -Run 1/4 in under a min
    -Pushups atleast 20 with 2-3 reps depending on what day it is.

These are for the beggining of when I am getting back into shape due to track. Ill update when track is over

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Alright. Let's see:

Crunches: 80-90 in 2 minutes

Pull-ups: 13-16 on a good day

Run Time: 7 minute mile (needs work)

Push-ups: 40-ish

Need a little work but getting better

Thread Information