Grunts - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grunts

29 palms, Pendleton, or Lejuene for a grunt?

youll like the pool in 29 palms but thats bout it that and palm trees and the only green lawn is the general's....

Camp pendleton GET A CAR!!!!!!!! Its the largest friggin base in the world takes you probably 45 minutes to get from san onofre to mainside it sucks.. BUt probably better of the 2 on the west coast...

I have a motorcycle and someone told me i had to get a motorcycle endorsement from pendleton? Do you know anything about that? I heard surfing is good on Pendleton too, servicemen and women only beaches with perfect waves?

well theres a lot of beach on pendloton takes up all of it the waves??? eh they are nothing like santa cruz or northern cali but if you from southern cali you woill like them.

Well you arent allowed to drive till you get an indoc and get your drivers improvemnt and have to take a motorcycle safety course and get briefed on why you have to wear a road guard vest whenever you use your bike which isnt optional either.

So basically till you get close to the fleet you wont be able to own a POV while in school status. Some schools will give you the course it depends on the length of ur school etc and where you are at..

So basically a no go until i am in the fleet? Once i am in the fleet how do i go about going to that course?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Go to the front gate of whatever base you end up on and talk to PMO .... the orientation course is a lark and generally is held weekends... just a check in the box if you know how to ride a bike.

Grunts have the most fun right? What do the women in south cali think about the grunts?

LOL...Sean. You don't wear your MOS on your chest (not like the army).

Everyone down here likes Marines. Especially if you cruise around the OC (Orange County). When El Toro was active, the Wingers got just as much action as the grunts from Pendleton. ; )

Fun with the grunts? Like beauty, fun is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks for reminding me. Ill just get some grunt tattoo lol

well there are also alot that dont like Marines

Its kind of like being in a Frat isnt it?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I wouldn't use the word frat. I think the better word would be Brotherhood. ALL Marines are a band of brothers (& sisters). They will defend you to the death if need be. A fraternity,isn't that way. Marines in general are unique creatures of the land,air and sea. Grunts need the support of all the sister MOS's to do the job properly.Without those in support of the infantry the mission woud still be accomplished but it would be much more difficult.

I was never in a frat..but,years back I went to a frat party. Marines by far can throw a better blast than a college frat!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWicks07
    OOPS! Incoming.....................................

Nothing like a "frat"!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper
    Marines by far can throw a better blast than a college frat!

I KNOW that's right!

I did the frat thing (Pike if you're curious) and it is nothing the same. I don't know of one frat brother that would take a bullet for me and I know I wouldn't or them. But, I trust that every person on this site with stripes or bars under there name would, and I know I would for them.

Thread Information