RE-4 needs information on reenlisting - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood5831 View Post
    See I left with an honorable and have an RE3O which is not listed above. I got that because when I was getting out, I came under orders and had to refuse the orders to process my EAS paperwork.

7 years later I am trying to get back on active duty in the Corps. Since then I spent 6 years in the Army reserves and discharged Honorably. I wonder if I still have the same RE3O code?
    Once you enlist and are discharged from another service you receive a new reenlistment code. It goes by the last discharge received so if you got an honorable discharge with no NJP's, Articles, or other bad marks AND you completed your term of enlistment it should be a RE-1.

response to RE-4

You can get back in, but you will need to go through the proper channels. Start by going to the Department of Defense website and filing out a DD form for request of Reenlistment Code change. Then send it in to Headquarters marine Corps Administration. You should get a response within 6 months. If it's bnot the response you were looking for..your next stop is with the same Form you filed out for HQ, send it to the Navy Discharge Review Board. If that fails, your last stop is the Board for Corrections Navy Records. BCNR is a civilian ran office in D.C. that will not review your record unless you used all the other resources first. Total process is about 1 1/2 to 2 years. I already went through all this for my RE-4B. But I was kicked out for Misconduct. You might have a better chance being that it was just a weight issue. Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC oo-rah View Post
    I was discharged for weight control in Dec 05 with an Re-4. Is there any way to reenlist if I am within standards??

Quote Originally Posted by RufMarine View Post
    Once you enlist and are discharged from another service you receive a new reenlistment code. It goes by the last discharge received so if you got an honorable discharge with no NJP's, Articles, or other bad marks AND you completed your term of enlistment it should be a RE-1.
    Ok, that's encouraging. In the Army reserves, they just give me discharge orders stating it is an honorable discharge and I had no NJP's or anything.

Reserves do not get a DD214 or RE code..only active duty time rates a DD214 with a RE code. If all you did was reserve time in the Army, your RE code probably did not change.

That is correct. I found out today. I was mobilized while in the Army and received a DD214 but I was not being discharged. I was being transfered back into the Reserves and a RE Code is not applicable. Even still that was with the Army and not the Marines. So I guess it is time to break out that statement as to why I refused the orders back in 2003.

Hope I get a reply here. I'm currently going through the discharge process, looking at a OTH/RE4. My entire life I've had "problems" and out in the field one day I flipped **** and ever since was diagnosed bipolar and had been fighting the stigma ever since. Of course I'm a weekend warrior. And what I say goes in one ear and out the other. But as a reservist I was an above average Marine, could have improved but wasn't a **** bird. my marks were 4.5/4.5 and my only low scores were always low 1st class pft and high sharpshooter. Hell I was put on bcp out of mos school and dropped 40 lbs in 3 months. But, I was in a bad place had contemplated suicide a few times, attempted once, never informed the unit of any of it. Went UA two months in a row, I honestly couldn't do ****, didn't want to get better. Then I decided to go do make-up drills, I can take an ass chewing, but when you talk to me like I'm ****ing faking something brass or no brass I'll let you hear my thoughts. So I just walked out. Now I'm doing good on medicine, regretting my actions, I know I'm probably following a wild goose but, I need to go back. I want to atleast extend my contract so I can finish my time. Hell I'd love a new contract. I would take busted rank, no pay, anything. Doctors have told me I'm 100% better from a year ago, and that I'll wheen from the medicine eventually. I haven't had any ****ty thoughts in 7 months, and I've been holding the same civillian job for a year. Was just wondering if anyone would know if I could get a second chance at undoing my fakeup, I understand if I can't, but I owe it to everyone to fix it. My friends and family are tired of hearring me ***** about not being in.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Another 7 year old thread risen from the dead !!!

RE-4
    Not recommended for reenlistment

We don't want you, we don't need you.

Best of luck in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    RE-4 Not recommended for reenlistment.
    We don't want you, we don't need you. Best of luck in life.
    Brother Baker....
    That about sums that up if anyone was unclear.

Back the coffee pot for me.

Carry on Green Mofo's......

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    I'm loving it. Seems like a lot here are walking on egg shells when it comes to straight answers. Once a shvtbird, always a shvtbird.

I tell it like it is. Bottoms up brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    Once a shvtbird, always a shvtbird.
    I tell it like it is. Bottoms up brother.
    ...end of story! I concur.

I'm certainly NOT afflicted with PCC. (Politically Correct Contagion) but I do choose my threads carefully.
    Blunt is good...no room for misinterpretation.

Helloooo full coffee mug.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    this is what amazes the svit out of me this is a 2010 thread, then a guy comes along in 2014 and instead of starting his own thread about his topic and situation, he continues a four yr old thread like it was the sensible thing to do.
    and e wonders why he aint in the Corps?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Thread closed. It's outlived its usefulness and the latest question has been answered.

Thread Information