Training battalions at MCRD
Create Post

Training battalions at MCRD

1st Battalion makes men
    2nd Battalion makes Marines
    3rd Battalion makes machines

Anybody vouch for it? or just come cocky 3rd Battalion Marines

Its all the same. The competition between battalions is just Marines always thinking they are the best- and that is the only way to try to assert one Marine is better than another I guess. It is the same BS about PI and SD being different. In 4th Bn. they make the difference in the companies. (Which, BTW is what happened at SD when I was there. My company's DIs hated the other companies in 1st Bn. Actually, everyone other than Kilo Co.)

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Within each Training Series there is competition. Who took Range Qualification, Who took Final Drill? None of us wants to be second best!

Training is all the same but just for info 1037 took both Rifle Qualification and Final Drill

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've asked this before but did not recieve a satisfactory answer. Does the Marine Corps recycle platoon numbers?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    I've asked this before but did not recieve a satisfactory answer. Does the Marine Corps recycle platoon numbers?
    If you mean do they reuse them, the answer is of course they do! My PLatoon was 1085 in 1969, I am sure there has been a 1085 most every year since then! I found several Marines from PLt 1085 from years after me! Both SD and PI!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Why would they? There are 999 platoon numbers available for each battalion and each battalion turns out 4W 4E platoons a year. I always thought that platoon numbers were unique. Somewhere along the line platoon numbers went from 3 digit to 4 digit numbers and I believed it was because all the 3 digit numbers were used up.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker
    Why would they? There are 999 platoon numbers available for each battalion and each battalion turns out 4W 4E platoons a year. I always thought that platoon numbers were unique. Somewhere along the line platoon numbers went from 3 digit to 4 digit numbers and I believed it was because all the 3 digit numbers were used up.

5 Matching Category Results:
    MCRD Parris Island » 1961 - 1970 » 1968 » Feb » Feb 29 Platoon 1085
    MCRD Parris Island » 1981 - 1990 » 1987 » Oct » Oct 30 Pltoon 1085
    MCRD Parris Island » 2001 - 2010 » 2002 » Oct » Oct 18 Platoon 1085
    MCRD San Diego » 2001 - 2010 » 2004 » August » August 27 Platoon 1085
    MCRD San Diego » 2001 - 2010 » 2005 » July » July 15 Platoon 1085

well ****, i was 3rd battalion Kilo company, that makes since now! me robot, me do this, me do that, (and now me make lot of money)

computer out

Thread Information