Fake MOH Recipient - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Correction of original post by 3077India
    I feel it necessary to point out that, when someone is awarded a medal for their service there is always a document accompanying the award. Or there is a document they could receive that may state that the person qualifies for or has been awarded certain medals. Any true Veteran would have documentation of awards and medals, most likely [contained on] their DD214. Merely showing "photographic proof" isn't proof at all. I'd ask for their documentation.
    DD214s do contain awards and medals documentation as well as stamping to make altering ones DD214, without detection, impossible.

I think he ought to be casterated and his balls hung around his neck!

we had a CAP reunion in Washington,DC in the 90's.we always have a vietnamese dinner as traditional dinning out.at the DC affair we were not the only ones,a large group of Rangers were there too.as the whole thing ended we all left at about the same time-we Marines and Rangers.it started to snow and we were all waiting at the door waiting for our people getting to their cars,etc.standing there in the doorway was a Ranger,a very neatlyh dressed gentleman,with a neatly trimmed white beard and hair and the MOH around his neck.i stood their and didnt say a word,but looked at this hero.

Talking

I've been to quite a few Viet Nam vet reunions.There is always a herd of wannabes at these affairs.most of thems biggest concern isn't stolen valor,It's free beer!! They truly are scumbags and losers.If everyone I've seen wearing Recon or Seal insignia was legit,then there must have been someone from special ops behind every freakin tree!!!! I sure as hell didn,t see many when I was there??

Quote Originally Posted by capmarine
    we had a CAP reunion in Washington,DC in the 90's.we always have a vietnamese dinner as traditional dinning out.at the DC affair we were not the only ones,a large group of Rangers were there too.as the whole thing ended we all left at about the same time-we Marines and Rangers.it started to snow and we were all waiting at the door waiting for our people getting to their cars,etc.standing there in the doorway was a Ranger,a very neatlyh dressed gentleman,with a neatly trimmed white beard and hair and the MOH around his neck.i stood there and didnt say a word,but looked at this hero.
    w
    let me make it clear i wasn't indicating this person wasn't real,he certainly was.you dont come to a Ranger reunion where you arent known and get by wearing the MOH.

DD-214's are no longer used for ID's for medals or for proving POW. It is to easy to get them on the inernet and forge them. I have busted one fake POW here in Utah. A very good place to look for them is in your news paper obit's. If any one has douts about anybody send me all info and I will do the work. It may take a little longer in the summer and fall as I am in the mountains a lot of the time. S/F

Quote Originally Posted by ggyoung
    DD-214's are no longer used for ID's for medals or for proving POW. It is to easy to get them on the inernet and forge them. I have busted one fake POW here in Utah. A very good place to look for them is in your news paper obit's. If any one has douts about anybody send me all info and I will do the work. It may take a little longer in the summer and fall as I am in the mountains a lot of the time. S/F
    My Air Force DD-214 from Mar 2007 lists every medal I was ever awarded, even my Marine Corps Good Conduct medal with one device. Since there is a POW medal, it would be listed on the DD-214 of those who received one.

Travelling right now, looking for a new home
    Credits
    Savings
    I would love ta be there and kick some ass. I don't take to lightly to posers. Taken care of a few before, they sure were singin' a different tune after I showed them a few new steps. Sounds like me an this $#!^bird need to be introduced

The DD214 I got when I was discharged listed every medal/award I rec'vd. Those claiming 'secret' awards and such are, quite simply, full of crap. There is no such thing as a 'secret' citation, even in today's war on terror (or whatever the left is calling it this week).

It is also very, very difficult to purchase an MOH, even the ribbon, these days. It can be done, but it's tricky as well as being expensive, but they are still out there.

The good news is, with the advent of the internet, is that ALL of these people can be quickly verified (or not as the case may be) by just about anyone with a few simple key clicks.

PLease PLEAASE..... bring a camera or cellfone camera and video/pic the FBI when they show up and bust the idiot! call the major networks and see if anyone is willing to pick up the story. It would be wonderful to experience it, and it will bring exposure to all posers and maybe then they will quit pretending!
    At least video it and post it on youtube!!!

I had a girlfriend in Oregon, and when I went to visit, I walked into a grocery store with my camo cover on. the guy at the counter asked if I was in the marines and I said yes. He asked me what was my rank and I said I was an E-4, He told me he did 35 years in and retired as an E-12. I just laughed in his face and called him a liar. I did it in front of some locals who were just dumbfounded. It seems he had lied to all of them. But I don't think it counts as a Stolen valor, but it qualifies as definite POSER!

HAHA, an E-12 huh? That's outstanding. That must be that "secret", rank structure as well.

Travelling right now, looking for a new home
    Credits
    Savings

Wink Hah!

Yeah, I think E-12 is FirstMajor MasterGuns if I remember 'The Posers Guide to Handbook' correctly. Some people are just a friggin' waste o' bullets ya know.

Is there a place to check military records of individuals. I wonder that because how does the VFW, Legion or any other veteran organizations check for eligibility. They have had to deal with these bastards for years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarheadtanker
    I had a girlfriend in Oregon, and when I went to visit, I walked into a grocery store with my camo cover on. the guy at the counter asked if I was in the marines and I said yes. He asked me what was my rank and I said I was an E-4, He told me he did 35 years in and retired as an E-12. I just laughed in his face and called him a liar. I did it in front of some locals who were just dumbfounded. It seems he had lied to all of them. But I don't think it counts as a Stolen valor, but it qualifies as definite POSER!
    In regards to this fella I have a quote that fits him perfectly, "IT IS BETTER TO BE THOUGHT AN IDIOT, THAN TO OPEN ONE'S MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT."

Thread Information