Fake MOH Recipient
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Fake MOH Recipient

Question to all....

I am vaguely familiar with the Stolen Valor Act, but does anyone know specifically how it is enforced? There is new prick at my husbands place of employment making some false claims. Dear husband (separated Marine) called me to confirm validity or lack thereof.

This person is in his early 20s..about 22, 23 or so. Claims he is Marine (not even sure of that) and claims he is MOH recipient. Claims that Marine Corps offered him 200K to reenlist after first 4 year tour. Husband and I laughed til sides split at that...any real Marine knows Corps is too poor to throw that kind of money around...to throw hardly any around really....Of course this guy was recon....what poser wasn't recon, right?

Husband called him on it at my insistence. Guy got angry and walked off job...claims he was going to bring back proof...Didn't return for remainder of day. My question is, should he return with a medal....can he be prosecuted and how? To my knowledge, there has been 1 Marine, Cpl. Dunham, to be awarded this distinction since the Vietnam War...and that was Jan. 11th of this year, 3 years posthumous.

His name is Carl Thompson and this is going on in Maryland. Anybody got any suggestions? Anybody heard of him ( in the event that he did actually earn the title...though he should be stripped of it for this)

Long post I know, but this ****ed me off!

Thanks All....

Oh for him to meet the fine point of a k-bar in the middle of his back, that might make his memory jog back to the time he DIDNT earn the MOH and recant his lies about my Corps!!!!

i would say national humilitation would be awesome... but that would just bring more posers out of the woodwork

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I can't answer your question, but I had to have my say on this person. The world is full of idiots that think everyone else is dumber than they are---so they come up with this HERO thing to impress the people around them. Most would not know about the JASON DUNHAMS of the world and how we know the status of the MOH awards and all, so they take that chance and rant and rave about heroics! They are sad people that need to be pitied! They are alone and will do anything to get attention. They have no idea about HONOR, COURAGE AND COMMITMENT! Those are words in the dictionary. They usually haven't even served in any branch of the military, but they choose the Corps because it's the best! As far as the Stolen Valor law, well you can refer it to a service organization or even the local law enforcement officials. You've probably done all you can, for now, he left and sees that that lie bit him in his azz. He just got carried away ranting and just kept making himself look better and better until he was AUDIE MURPHY all of a sudden. Then his pride got in the way and he couldn't admit he was bulls!tting, stuck in that deep hole of deceiption!

Yep they are pathetic losers! Makes me want to PUKE!

Thanks for the post and Semper Fi.

Gee I was wrong again!!!

Last edited by Ed Palmer; 05-25-07 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Gee I was wrong again!!!

Yeah, I'm not sure how specific things need to be for the Stolen Valor Act to be enforced but I think they have to wear it but then again even claiming it seems to be stealing some valor. We have several threads about busting these guys on here and they are all the same pieces of ****. In fact, I just busted a guy here at work about that. It's no secret to anyone I work around that I'm a Marine but apparently this guy was telling everyone else but me that he was a Marine and of course Recon. Well, one day I ask about it and when he said Recon, it obviously sparked my interest, so I asked the standard questions, what unit, where, when and all that. First, he had to think about it (wrong answer), then he came up 3rd squad Bravo Division. WTF????? Needless to say we had a heart to heart about that ****. At the end of this though, and this is the first time this has ever happened, he actually admitted that he washed out in the first two weeks of Bootcamp and apologized to me and then I made him apologize to all the Marines who have died, the entire Marine Corps and fess up to those around that he had run his hole to. That's some good freakin' training right there. LOL

********** posers are like cockroaches. They can't stand the light of day. You'll probably never see him again. If you do the subject of the MOH won't come up unless you bring it up. I personally would wopuld bring it up the moment I saw him along with the offer of a knuckle sandwich.

SF

Dave

This is the right one

Update 1 FEB 2007 - The Stolen Valor Act is passed, and effective December 2006 it is a Federal offense to wear of claim to have earned US medals:

Under the Stolen Valor Act it is now a Federal Offense, punishable by up to $5,000 fine and six months in jail (double that if the offense involves valor awards or the Purple Heart), to claim VERBALLY or in WRITING, to have received any military award you did not. This means among other things that:

If you put in your website, on your resume, or even just verbally claim that you received ANY medal or medals you did not--even something as basic as a campaign ribbon, you have violated Federal law.

If you claim, verbally or in writing, to be a former Ranger, Seal, Delta, USAF Pararescueman, Special Forces, etc. (elite units identified by special BADGES), you have violated Federal Law. (Since Jump Wings are a military badge, claiming jump status would also be a violation.

If you are in a chat room (remember, logs are easy to obtain) or even at your local watering hole, and try to impress a member of the opposite sex with false tales of heroism, elite unit status, or medals, you are committing a Federal offense.

If you know anyone who has made false claims of valor, contact the FBI immediately and INSIST that they arrest the offender.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update

Dude showed up to work today....

GET THIS!

With a cropped picture of himself in dress blues shaking the hand of an officer....
    Tried to tell my husband that was him being presented the MOH.....

My husband walked him over to a computer. Pulled up website of most recent recipients....guy said nothing and walked away.

Don't these dumb ****s know that we are everywhere?!?!? My husband is one of 3 Marines that work there. Even worse, the guy didn't have the decency to just stop or better yet, fall off the face of the Earth....

He spent the rest of the day yesterday photoshopping somebody's pic to present as proof....

I want to see this guy for myself...plan on paying hubby visit at work later.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    dav,

i DO NOT agree that they need to be "pittied". they need to have their a$$ kicked by a battalion of Marines at the same time.

This great web page offer advice on how to spot these impostor criminals:

Sketchy records. When asked to verify details of their military record, phonies often say they didn't go through the normal military channels.

Appearance matters. Impostors put on pretty lousy impersonations. They're often out of shape or have a "slovenly appearance in uniform,"

Top secret? Probably not. A phony often will say details of his career exploits are classified.

"My dog ate it." Phonies often say their military documents were destroyed in a fire or some similar disaster.

Watch that rack. Check their decorations; phonies often wear medals in the wrong order or in disproportion to their time in service.

Check the birth date. When it comes to the Medal of Honor, age matters.

Just ask. Don't be afraid to test someone if you think they're faking, FBI agents say.

Surf the Web. Still not sure? Check out the online databases of information about both real and phony war heroes. The site www.homeofheroes.com has a confidential online "bust a phony" form. Information submitted is turned over to the FBI. The Congressional Medal of Honor Society maintains a list of living MOH award recipients at www.cmohs.org . Also, www.pownetwork.org maintains a list of phony veterans.

This web site has a most-wanted page for military impostor criminals and it's shocking that there are hundreds of these scumbags wearing honors and rank that they did not earn:

Oh Joy!

Thanks to All!

The plot thickens....instead of crawling back into the hole from whence he came....he gets more elaborate. Now add three...count em' THREE Purple Hearts to the fray.

Thanks to good ol' Ed (veritable cornucopia of reference you are), was able to contact the local branch of the FBI here...responsible for dealing with these phonies and report him.

The wheels are in motion and the agent I spoke to filed the report and said they'd send someone out. Oh how I'd love to be a fly on the wall and watch him go weak in the knees, when they show up.

Will keep all updated on the demise of this piece of ****.

Semper Fi

anyone have this scumbags personal email...... I think he wants to get a earful of arsechewing.

People have shed blood just so he has the freedom to rant n rave and play pretend. BUT THIS BUCK STOPS HERE when he violates something like this

may his next meal consist of napalm and a sharp elbow to the face

Holy ****! He not only showed back up and continued his bull**** but now added to it. That is freakin' badass that they are going to send someone out. Yeah, keep us updated.

Where exactly in Maryland does this moron work? Wouldn't happen to be near Owings Mills? I would like to meet him and see his MOH.

HAHAH 22 and a MOH??? and hes alive??

Thats crazy!!! You kn

Thread Information