Combat Fitness Test
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Combat Fitness Test

Does anyone know if the CFT is scored now ? I was under the impression that it would be scored somewhat like the PFT starting in July, but I havn't heard anything about it.

That is actualy a good question. Here is another question are they going to have 2 seperate ranking systems for gender like the PFT or will there be only 1 type of score?

I believe on Oct 1st, the CFT will be available for score.

Yeah. Were going to run a CFT next month here in Iraq. (100+ degrees). Going to be a lot of fun. I hope they don't expect us to carry on about the day. The CFT is a real *****, it takes a couple of days to recover from that ****.

The CFT is pretty tough. In a few weeks, my unit wants us to compete with other units in an Iron Man competition. Basically, all of us will be running 2 CFT's back to back (within minutes of each other) for time. I thought one CFT was bad, but two... I'll be surprised if any of us can walk for a week.

It's gonna be scored, and it will be different scales based on sex and age. You can check out the CFT calculator on MOL > tools. It's in the same area as the PFT calculator. Pretty much all females should get a first class or at least a very high second class.

yeah... it's pretty easy for the females... wonder if it's cause they aren't expected to do much of anything but shoot in a combat situation (if they're thrown into one that is)...

for the record, I think there are females that can own many male Marines in fitness... I'd rather have a fit female than a fat male...

Yup will be scored. Its a butt kicker but if you are in shape you can pass easily. I took one the day after I hit the gym hard and still managed a high 2nd class (by the points scale on MOL) so if I was fresh, I should be able to nail a 1st easily.

It's just as difficult for females as it is for males. Do you want me to go into the physical anatomy of females and explain why the female body is built inferior to a male body in terms of physical strength?

Different scoring system, but same level of difficulty.

I wish I could replace my PFT score with my CFT... I make High first class PFTers look stupid in the CFT.

Definitely a strong point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    It's just as difficult for females as it is for males.

Different scoring system, but same level of difficulty.
    4th battalion motivational poster.

It is common for male Marines to think female Marines have it so much easier in the Corps. But if they did their research, they would know females actually have it harder.

I don't like playing these games of who has it tougher. I know the truth, but it's sad when I hear other Marines making uneducated comments because they are unwilling to consider the possibility.

mine isn't uneducated... to get a 100 for many of the females I know of seemed much easier for them than it was for the men to get the 100... the women just stopped with more than 30 seconds left 'cause they got their 100... that tells me they got it easier.

but I do understand your point Sgt... I would agree that many Male Marines who make these statements don't fully understand what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    It is common for male Marines to think female Marines have it so much easier in the Corps. But if they did their research, they would know females actually have it harder.

I don't like playing these games of who has it tougher. I know the truth, but it's sad when I hear other Marines making uneducated comments because they are unwilling to consider the possibility.
    You are WAYYY too sensitive!

Its not that all female Marines are harder workers than male Marines- I've known plenty of female Marines who had a sh!tty work performance. But for those squared away female Marines, it is much more difficult to earn the same level of respect as a squared away male Marine. Females have to work harder in all areas of performance if they want equal respect.

Aside from having smaller (proportional) heart/lungs, females are also disadvantaged with the natural chemicals the body produces. Males produce testosterone, which develops muscle. Females produce estrogen, which develops fat. For these reason, it is harder for a female to improve her PFT score than it is for a male to improve his. That's why there aren't as many buff females out there, even for the ones who work out every day.

Thread Information