What did everyone score on the ASVAB? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    GT 99..the rest I dont quite remember I have it written down.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC90
    Has anyone every gotten a zero? Lol.
    I had a recruiter tell me he once took the computerized version and randomly guessed on every question, just to see what would happen. He said he got a 14; so I'm thinking if you have even a tiny bit of intelligence, you could make higher than a zero by just guessing.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As a former Recruiter, I can say this------ The ASVAB is designed to find out what you abilities and interest are. The score is a percentile, that meaning that whatever your score is means that % better than all the other results of the test! I have seen scores as low as 1% (Rocks with lips) up to 99% (the highest possible score). I have seen a score of 72 with no qualifying line score! In the 80's I had to test ten people to get one to pass (on average). Not all people are able to pass the test ie make that magic 32 needed for enlistment! The pass fail ratio would surprise the hell out of you! Ask your recuiter. Ask him how many he pretest before he ASVAB tests one person.

You people brag about your scores and that is great, but there are some people that just can't take a test under pressure. They just freeze up for whatever reason. Then there are those that just can't pass it. That's why the recruiters use the pretest like they do today, we used to put um on the bus and hope for the best from MEPS. But now a days, if your recruiter doesn't think you will pass it, you don't go until he does! My generation of recruiters laid the foundation for the system you have today. It works BTW, only the promising prospects get to test now unless you passed it in High School!

As much as the Military would like to have all 99's they are happy with all 32's they can get as well! That's why they have minimum scores! It's not a score that will get you by, it's a score you have to have to enlist! Believe me there are a lot of prospects that would love to make that 32!

CARRY ON, Poolees!

Ya'll can brag about those 80's and 90's all ya'll want but mine was
    AFQT:72
    MM:099
    GT:107
    EL:105
    CL:115
    That's what it is and it is what it is.

I got a 98, but i can't remember what i got on all the other stuff, because it's been so long since I've looked at it, but I got way above the min on everything.

Nothing under a 130, but my ASVAB was 86.
    I tried for intel, Combat engineer, NBC (Those are the three I applied for). Didn't get intel or CE, instead I got refrigeration Mechanic which is in the 1100 field and ties into the 1300 field to which CE belongs.

Credits
    Savings

Afqt

The AFQT Score is only based on four sections of the test, your line scores are based on the other sections.

The AFQT is a score based on the two math portions and two verbal/reading portions of the test. I got a 92 as my AFQT but I had trouble with the Mechanical portions.

The reason those other sections are on the test is to qualify you for jobs, for example some MOS' require a GT Score of over 110, or an EL score of over 100, the AFQT is basically just a measure of how well you comprehend Mathematics and the English language.

Oh and to back up what Corporal Davblay said above, I have been tutoring two kids for a recruiter from my RSS, one girl got a 22 on her first try and another got a 28 on his first try. They have trouble multiplying and dividing numbers such as 4x9 and 8x7. I was surprised at first when I met the girl, but when I met the kid; who happens to be a sharp witted kinda guy, I realized that not everyone has a propensity for math. Some people it just doesn't stick with, and well if you unk the math, and don't ace the verbal theres a good chance you're not getting that 31/32.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you poolees want to help your recruiter, ask him if you can tutor some of his ASVAB failures. That would be appreciated by both the recruiter and the prospect as well as helping the Corps! It takes time to tutor, time that the recruiter doesn't always have. He has the hardest job in the Corps. Try selling the Corps to someone during peace time, much less during a war! Like I said, there are people that would kill to have the opportunity that you have right now, they just can't pass that test! They will wonder off into the world and may never amount to anything much, but they will always want what you have! So help them, will ya?

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    If you poolees want to help your recruiter, ask him if you can tutor some of his ASVAB failures. That would be appreciated by both the recruiter and the prospect as well as helping the Corps! It takes time to tutor, time that the recruiter doesn't always have. He has the hardest job in the Corps. Try selling the Corps to someone during peace time, much less during a war! Like I said, there are people that would kill to have the opportunity that you have right now, they just can't pass that test! They will wonder off into the world and may never amount to anything much, but they will always want what you have! So help them, will ya?
    Exactly, I've done this, and if I can get this guy to pass the ASVAB, and he passes the physical (which he should), then I'll get my PFC promotion.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    Exactly, I've done this, and if I can get this guy to pass the ASVAB, and he passes the physical (which he should), then I'll get my PFC promotion.
    There you have it----now go and help those people!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC90
    Has anyone every gotten a zero? Lol.
    My friend got a 7, and another got a 22 (going to the Army now).

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    My Composite scores were:
    MM: 127
    GT: 137
    EL: 131
    CL: 132

WTF thats just crazy......

I dont know why you aren't building spaceships with scores like that....

My highest was my GT at 118... Clerical i sucked i got 98 but most peeps in admin are rocks anyways and all muscleheads since all they have time for is a gym...

HAHA

I guess that is what a college education gets you these days...However, I do very well at standardized tests...I don't think I should tell you my ACT or SAT scores I guess my mom was smart to say college first...the military will be here when you are done (I'm not surprsied she had to do it the other way around) Though I always hated school and my GPA doesn't show it.

Credits
    Savings
    It should be mentioned that the AFQT score is also a percentile score, i.e if you score a 8 for example, 92% of the people who took the test scored better than you. Considering how many people take the ASVAB for various Military branches, I think anything over a 50 is quite a respectable score. Seems we have some great minds on Leatherneck!

Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody
    I guess that is what a college education gets you these days...However, I do very well at standardized tests...I don't think I should tell you my ACT or SAT scores I guess my mom was smart to say college first...the military will be here when you are done (I'm not surprsied she had to do it the other way around) Though I always hated school and my GPA doesn't show it.
    I'm the same way. My high school gpa didn't show my capabilites, did a year of college ended well. Yet I did well on the ACT and decent on this ASVAB.

Thread Information