2nd lt. with jump wings and dive
Create Post
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

2nd lt. with jump wings and dive

I saw her sitting down with 4 enlisted marines all of whom had their gold jump wings and one sergeant had his divers bubbles. I didn't get a chance to ask them what unit they were with, but I wondered. I'm thinking she might have been a mustang officer (and got both during reenlistment) or might have been part of air delivery platoon at one point. This was at K-bay, where the only units that would use them are 4th force recon and radio battalion. I'm not sure if she knew them from jump school, but they could have been part of the same unit.
    Anyone care to guess what unit she was with?

Hmmmm.....interesting. I've seen a few WM's with gold wings from Air Delivery, but NEVER one with a SCUBA bubble. THAT would be something to see. She might have been RadBn, but you got me stumped on that one. Seeing that would be rarer than a MOH winner.

Heck, I would have strolled up and ASKED her what unit she was with....that is pretty impressive stuff...made all the more so that if she was hangin with others wearin the same stuff..she obviously wasn't a poser.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking G.i~jane???

SURE "IT"WASN'T A MUFF DIVER?

I'd go with RadBn. We get to do lots of cool stuff.

does anyone in radio battalion require jump/dive besides radio recon?

Quote Originally Posted by rheinmark187
    does anyone in radio battalion require jump/dive besides radio recon?
    No. There are plenty of Marines that get jump school as a reenlistment incentive. The Corps REALLY wants to keep RadBn types around because of how much time and money is put into training.

If she was a Marine with a USMC dive bubble then she can't rate it. In order to get into the combatant dive corse you are required to have the following pre-reqs:

The specific course prerequisite qualifications include:
    Individuals must be volunteers. (The Marine Corps Combatant Diver Course includes High-Risk training and Drop on Request (DOR) procedures are used.)
    Marines and Corpsman must be graduates of the Basic Reconnaissance Course, (or DOD equivalent course).

https://www.npdc.navy.mil/ceneoddive...smc_diver#qual

Pasted from the schoolhouse web site. In order to go to BRC you have to be an 03XX or Corpsman. So it's physicaly imposible for her to have a marine scuba bubble, unless they changed the order for a few days, or she was a he. It could have however been a navy or army bubble.

Well, that certainly clears THAT up.

There are two different dive schools and two different badges. Combat dive is a gold badge with a different SCUBA apparatus. Regular dive is silver.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Pink Bubble Badge~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HER BADGE IS PINK,JUST LIKE THE STINK;OF A CARPET MUNCHING.MUFF~DIVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stRad2671
    There are two different dive schools and two different badges. Combat dive is a gold badge with a different SCUBA apparatus. Regular dive is silver.
    Yes there are 2 different ones. One is Open Circut Combatant Diver Course (Silver Bubble) the other is Closed Circut Combatant Diver Course (Gold Bubble). My post earlier was regarding the entry level Open Circut Combatant Diver Course. Either way the requirements were the same.

You can't imagine how cool it is, for me anyway, to read this thread. Except for that clearly unimaginative crap, of course. I never knew or knew of a WM with a scuba bubble and only saw one with wings... Makes me want to find a recruiter and reup...BUt that could be the unfortunate amount of coffee I drank last night because the recruiters would laugh at me..

yeah, I saw this a female 1st Lt with gold jump wings one time in a chow hall in Iraq. Never saw another like her again.

I met the jump qual'ed female at 2d MarDiv while gearing up for a long field op directly after Desert Storm, and she was a Captain. In an interesting way, I was quite proud of her the day I met her and still am as proud today. Can't imagine getting into or through jump school as a token female was easy.

well, women from all branches end up going to Jump School. The odds off her being the only one aren't as great as we might think. I said in my original post that she also had her silver dive bubbles, but I've been told that's not possible. It was about 2 years ago, so It's possible that my memory is distorted, but I could have sworn I saw both the jump wings and dive bubbles. I looked it up and she is possibly eligible if she had been a navy diver and a handful of other MOS's. The chances of all the stars being alligned and her getting those and becoming a Marine officer are pretty damn low. I'll just assume that my Memory is distorted.

Thread Information