2nd lt. with jump wings and dive - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    It is not too uncommon to see WMs with jump wings, although I admit I have never seen one with a scuba bubble. There are two WMs in my company that have gold jump wings, but that is because they are Air Delivery Marines. One is a Corporal (recently promoted) and the other is a Sergeant. It is part of AD school to be sent to Jump School and earn wings (although, admittedly, few of them have gold wings).

Captain Bolka is the officer we were thinking of.

Well I'm glad that this mystery has been solved. Like I said before, it's a small Marine Corps.

Fist, I've been waiting to see a female soldier with a Ranger tab. Anybody seen one yet?

S/F
    Finger

red patcher??????? and probably a re enlistment bonus for the bubble... not too many people willing want to have to have one more device they have to wear on their cammies and other uniforms...

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    red patcher??????? and probably a re enlistment bonus for the bubble... not too many people willing want to have to have one more device they have to wear on their cammies and other uniforms...
    Not likely a red patcher, SSgt. I have never heard of AD Marines getting the bubble, even as a re-enlistment bonus. I'm not saying it's not possible, I have just never heard of it.

had a MSgt get it as a bonus... said afterwards he wonders why anyone would ever do that as a bonus.

anything is possible, just depends on how badly the Corps wants you.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Not likely a red patcher, SSgt. I have never heard of AD Marines getting the bubble, even as a re-enlistment bonus. I'm not saying it's not possible, I have just never heard of it.

In case you guys were wondering, Captain Bolka is the Marine Officer I was asking about. She introduced herself on Page 2 screename "Sabolka" and has finished her active duty time.

I got that... just wanted to figure out others who could be having scuba bubbles and jump wings... should have made that clear.

I was under the impression you had to be an 0321 to get a seat at SCUBA school... and as we all know... there are no Female 0321's...

Quote Originally Posted by Finger View Post
    Fist, I've been waiting to see a female soldier with a Ranger tab. Anybody seen one yet?

S/F
    Finger
    I know there were two females that had the Special Forces tab.
    One earned it as a male...

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    There are two WMs in my company that have gold jump wings, but that is because they are Air Delivery Marines. One is a Corporal (recently promoted) and the other is a Sergeant. It is part of AD school to be sent to Jump School and earn wings (although, admittedly, few of them have gold wings).
    Gold wings are different.

To get gold wings you have to complete 5 additional jumps and add that to the 5 you did in jump school.

This usually only happens if your unit is on jump status ie Recon, Marsoc, Anglico, Air Delivery, etc.
    Or if you go to Jump Master school.

Of course there are always exemptions to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by sabolka View Post
    Thank you Sgt Leprechaun,

In terms of history, there are now, and there will continue to be many women who do far more for the Marines than I ever did.

I also see that I misspoke. The earlier post I referred to came from GyB74, who was not my OIC, but the Senior Analyst from our det-- and also a great man. To him, I send my thanks for keeping the information straight. Deploying with this detachment was my most rewarding Marine Corps experience.
    Thanks for the info, ma'am!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Gold wings are different.

To get gold wings you have to complete 5 additional jumps and add that to the 5 you did in jump school.

This usually only happens if your unit is on jump status ie Recon, Marsoc, Anglico, Air Delivery, etc.
    Or if you go to Jump Master school.

Of course there are always exemptions to the rule.
    By reg when I was in, you couldn't just go out and do five jumps to get the gold wings, you had to be on jump status at the time, for them to be awarded. It may have changed nowadays.

Credits
    Savings
    When i was in Okinawa last year i saw three or four pfc females with gold jump wings but they where Ls red patchers. and for guys in Radio Bn with Jump wings they usually attach to marsoc teams or recon teams thats why they prolly have them.

Quote Originally Posted by 30seconds View Post
    prolly have them.
    Sorry to interrupt but this is bugging the crap out of me, I have seen "prolly" at least 5 times used on this website. Do you mean "Probably"?

Thread Information