Anyone Else See Similarities? Westboro Baptist Church and Radical Islam.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone Else See Similarities? Westboro Baptist Church and Radical Islam.

What do these people have in common?
    http://thenewpundit.blogspot.com/200...ilarities.html

The commonality would depend on what each claims to believe. If Westboro Baptist Church is claiming to be a Christian organization I would argue that their conduct does not fall in line with classical Christianity. I would also argue that Islamic Radicals are thankful for the work these people are currently doing. I am interested to know how they came to the conclusion that God hates America?

Simple.

Because they are convinced, like all cults, that theirs is the 'one true way', and the rest of us are going to burn in hell unless we immediately surrender to their 'beliefs'. This way, they gain converts to the cause.

They are ALL moonbats. Islam just have more of em, that's all.

Are you say that if someone makes a truth-claim about religion that makes them a "moonbat"?

Depends. Define "truth claim". Define "religion".

I could tell you my religion tells me to worship an image of Paris Hilton and pray to her 5 times daily. Just because I believe it, doesn't make it true for the remainder of the populace, thus qualifying me for full "Moonbat" status.

I'm not prevented from doing so, mind you, but nor are people prevented from pointing at me and remarking that I just dis-embarked from the northbound Nutburger express, either.

It is hard to belive that the Baptist church allows this to keep going in there name.

I completely agree, just because you believe something does not necessarily make it so. What is you take on truth? And when you said "like all cults" who are you including under the term "cult"?

You didn't answer my first two questions. Also, 'truth' is somewhat subjective as well. Gravity exists, that is truth. Beyond that, truth depends on the teller.

Also, complete your profile or you'll find yourself evac'd out of here until you do so.

Just a tad bit of advice.

Religion? Let's go with: the faith and worship of a personal God or gods.

When truth is subjective don't they call that an opinion?

truth - that which corresponds to reality.

Your "truth" and mine may be totally different, and therefore, subjective. For example, it's 'true' that I don't like anchovies. That's a truth to me. May not be for you.

As a general, broad based concept, I'd go with your definition of religion.

Yes but you at least believe there are is Truth with a capital "T" meaning it is objectively so.

Whose reality? Mine or yours?

Correct. I'm not an atheiest. However, I'm not a typical religious person, either. To each his own. None of my (or anyone else's) concern who you worship or why. Quite frankly, I don't much care who anyone worships.

I begin to care, however, when they tell me that if I don't believe what THEY do, (the cult, again) then I'm wrong, or must pay a penance. Thus, the moonbat label.

Thread Information