Happy BDAY DEVILDOGS...Silint Drill Team Question
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Happy BDAY DEVILDOGS...Silint Drill Team Question

I am trying to find out if I can find schedules or dates for when the Silent Drill Team performs for the public around the country. I really would like my family to see this incredible display of team work and discipline. You can email me at jgorosco@yahoo.com with any info you might have. Thanks in advance.

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    You can see them every Wednesday evening at the Iwo Memorial in Arlington, Va. or at the Marine Barracks 8th & I on Friday evenings. Both locations are during the summer. As for the rest of the year I'm not sure. I think they spend a lot of time down at Corpus Christi with the D & B Corps. Tinman

Damn right the Drill team is great... I miss my time with them. Anyway the do go on a west coast tour, however, we never spent much time in TX. Yuma and then up trough CA.
    Anyways go to USMC.mil then go to units and go to the 8th and I website. If they don't have them up there then call PAO and number for them is on the website.

Here is the 8th and I website... http://www.mbw.usmc.mil/newmbw/default.asp

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Had the opportunity to see them at Eighth & I about five years ago.

Truly awesome experience. (Except for the Marine who dropped his weapon during the "Inspection" drill. The Sgt. picked the weapon up off the ground and literally LAUNCHED it back to the Marine. I can only imagine the "motivational" speech he received from that Sgt. later.)

Except for that, the entire ceremony was totally flawless.

Remembering back to the end of the evening when the lone bugler blows Taps on the roof of the building with the spotlight on him still runs chills up my spine.

If you ever have the opportunity to see them, take advantage of it. You will never forget it.

And a Happy 229th, Marines. Semper Fi.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I have seen the Silent Drill Team and may I say that I was truly motivated. I had the chance to see them when I was in bootcamp in San Diego. I just wanted my family and wife to experience what I had the privelige and honor to witness. Thanks for the help. I hope someone can try to contact with a schedule.
    Semper Fi

I would like to know when will, or if the silent drill team will perform any time soon in the Kansas City Metro area.

Interesting point regarding the Silent Drill Platoon...

While we, as Marines, already believe the Silent Drill Team to be the best in the entire world...I have spoken to many members of "other" military marching groups from around the world. Britain, France, Germany, Canada, etc.
    I was most proud to hear that these other nation's "show troops" invariably concur. The U S Marine Silent Drill Platoon is the most disciplined, precise marching organization...ever!

OOooorah!
    drumcorpssnare

Performance Schedule?

Will the Silent Drill Team be performing any time soon in Missouri? If so, where?

Mister Wigg

Thread Information