Super Squad? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Super Squad?

This is a picture of the Super Squad Badge

n.tredway

Quote Originally Posted by mico2222 View Post
    In 2000 we took 2d MarDiv Super Squad and i was with 3rd Battalion 8th Marines Kilo Co, in 2001 we went to Oki and took 3rd MarDiv Super Squad as well. I was unable to participate in the one in Oki since i had to fly back for emergency leave. The day i returned to Oki the competition had began and i did not make the roster in time. The squad from 3/8 still took it though. The badge still looks amazing on my uniform even though i no longer wear it since i was medically retired in 2006.

Semper Fi!

i think you might be full of **** i was in the 2001 squad and we started before we even got to oki i dont recall your name? I was a member of this squad and a damn proud recipent of the gold super squad badge and the nam! We had 13 members before we went to OKI and I dont remember you Dont be a fake and clame what you didnt earn. You are or were a Marine,so dont claim to be what you are not! Me and my team mates worked our asses off to be the best that the Marines had to offer and I dont take kind to a want'a'be saying they are something that they are not. Have a nice day!!! SIMPER FI!!!!!!

wow, really?

Quote Originally Posted by lcpltway View Post
    i think you might be full of **** i was in the 2001 squad and we started before we even got to oki i dont recall your name? I was a member of this squad and a damn proud recipent of the gold super squad badge and the nam! We had 13 members before we went to OKI and I dont remember you Dont be a fake and clame what you didnt earn. You are or were a Marine,so dont claim to be what you are not! Me and my team mates worked our asses off to be the best that the Marines had to offer and I dont take kind to a want'a'be saying they are something that they are not. Have a nice day!!! SIMPER FI!!!!!!
    Really? So who are you? I was Cpl Jaramillo at the time we went to Oki in Dec 2000 with 3/8 and returned in June 2001 and i had to fly back to bury both of my great grand parents. Last time i checked, my first 4 i was with 3/8 until i went over and became ITB instructor. Do you also want me to post up the picture of the squad? By the way, the SQ leader was SSgt Poe who is now a gunner, explain that one.

Quote Originally Posted by lcpltway View Post
    It's even so amazing that you don't even have your information on your profile but are so quick to talk smack. Look me up on global if you have any more question since your profile says "still in service"

Going back to things, the whole time i was in the Corps as an 03, i never heard anyone ever say what you wrote "Me and my team mates", that sounds like a civilian or someone who's never been in. I always hear or said ME AND MY MARINES, please someone correct me if i'm wrong. I just can't let this go, my integrety has never been question until this person posted. I apologize to the rest of you.

I was on the 3rd MarDiv winning squad in 02. 2nd Battalion 3rd Marines Golf Company. I was pinned by Gen. Jones in Washington DC.

lcpltway is way out of line. But that's usual for this forum. Plenty of guys like that

How was a SSgt a squad leader?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReservist View Post
    How was a SSgt a squad leader?

You have a TO squad of 12 Marines and 1 Corpsman, 1 SSgt as SNCOIC/PLT Sgt

exactly a SSgt as a Plt. Sgt. in the t/o

Squad leader in the infantry is a sgt billet

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mico2222 View Post
    You have a TO squad of 12 Marines and 1 Corpsman, 1 SSgt as SNCOIC/PLT Sgt
    A T/O squad is 1 sgt, 3 cpls, 3 lcpls, 3 pfc's and 3 privates plus 1 corpsman. If my math is right that is 13 Marines and a corpsman and the senior most member is a Sgt. It is super squad not super platoon. There may have been a SSgt involved in the work up but would not have been a participant in the competition.

I know that Army infantry routinely has E-6's as squad leaders and the platoon sergeant is an E-7. It doesn't work that way in the Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    A T/O squad is 1 sgt, 3 cpls, 3 lcpls, 3 pfc's and 3 privates plus 1 corpsman. If my math is right that is 13 Marines and a corpsman and the senior most member is a Sgt. It is super squad not super platoon. There may have been a SSgt involved in the work up but would not have been a participant in the competition.

I know that Army infantry routinely has E-6's as squad leaders and the platoon sergeant is an E-7. It doesn't work that way in the Marines.
    I stand corrected!

Well actually you only get (1) Corpsman per PLT not per squad. A squad is (3) Teams of (4) Marines= 12 + (1) squad leader =13

Each team has:
    1 Team leader
    1 Saw Gunner
    1 Assistant Saw Gunner
    1 Rifleman

E-6 is a SSgt (0369) is a PLT Sgt, in a "regular" infantry plt, E-7 is a Gunny and usually a PLT Sgt for WPNS PLT but an SSgt can also hold that.

Since super squad operated away from the company, we needed to have a SNCO to sign for everything, Our squad Leader could have been a SGT at the time, i need to dig up the picture to confirm.

OK, just confirmed. Our squad Leader was a SGT at the time, article in link below:

http://www.marines.mil/unit/mcblejeu...n%20badge.aspx

Cpl. Boergers

Just to set the record straight, Lcpl Jaramillo WAS a member of the squad when we won for 2nd MARDIV. I think he may have the dates a little backwards. If anyone wants to dispute it with me please feel free. I was on that squad as the point man, I served as back-up Navigator and if I recall correctly we won that while Treadway was still in recruit training. Treadway also won with the same unit in Oki in 2001 I was there for that too, though not on the squad at the time. I hope this can clear the air on this post: Below is the list of Marines that won in 2000, rank may have changed after competition. From left to right on the official photo taken @ 3/8 a week or so after the comp.
    LCpl Berry
    LCpl Moik
    PFC Nolan
    Cpl Bonar
    LCpl Boergers
    Cpl Lambert
    Sgt Poe/Squad Leader...Now Marine Gunner Poe OOOORAHHHH
    Doc Dudash
    Cpl Busa
    SSgt Schweindinger...(hope I spelled that right)
    LCpl Shelton
    LCpl Jarimillo
    LCpl Suarez
    PFC Marengo
    Lcpl Kuebrich.

The 2 PFC's came to the unit with Treadway, the SNCOIC did not count against T&E nor did the 2 "alts" there was a switch because of Jarimillo's familly emergency which made him unable to compete.

Treadway,
    If you think I am tossing a lie ask Lambert. He did both competitions, mine as a team leader, yours as squad leader. I believe your SNCOIC was SSgt Khuns(Spelling). Next time do your homework and never bash a brother....there is nothing wrong with calling out a liar, but be sure he is a liar before you call him out. Fortuna Favet Fortibus.

Hey Boergers, long time no hear. How you been? Kinstle was also part of the squad but if you remember what happened, he was not able to take part in the picture or the evening parade.

Thread Information