Dress Blues
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dress Blues

Dress Blues

I got a quick question my paretns said once i graduate Recruit Training they said they would buy me my dress blues.... I was wondering if they can do that before like i leave MCRD SD for my 10 day liberty is that possible?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by poolecarollo
    I got a quick question my paretns said once i graduate Recruit Training they said they would buy me my dress blues.... I was wondering if they can do that before like i leave MCRD SD for my 10 day liberty is that possible?
    Lets work on this post a little.

You write like, like you talk I think. So, in translating, you are asking if you have time to get a set of Blues between graduation and departing on leave (not liberty).

I strongly doubt it. You won't have time. Your other option is to work hard enough to be platoon or company Honorman and save your parents a few bucks. If you don't make that, wait until you're done with MCT/SOI and buy a set afterward. Who knows, you might get assigned somewhere and have them issued to you.

Liberty vs. leave: Liberty does not exceed 96-hours, and that is only on special occasions granted by your C.O. Anything longer is leave and comes off your leave bank commencing with day one of absence.

You'll learn these things in boot camp, among a few other little items. Such as not using "like" as a preposition.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think you can order them on Sunday prior to your graduation. They will alter them and sew on all buttons etc.! You must pay for them with your Debit card the Corps gives you ( I think it's around 200 bucks). Then your Parents can pay you back. OK?

As far as getting them on graduation day------NO!

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    I think you can order them on Sunday prior to your graduation. They will alter them and sew on all buttons etc.! You must pay for them with your Debit card the Corps gives you ( I think it's around 200 bucks). Then your Parents can pay you back. OK?

As far as getting them on graduation day------NO!
    You're absolutely correct sir!. Accord told me that is exactly what he did, he paid for them with his debit card on Liberty Sunday, and picked them up on family day with the trimming and hemming and tayloring all done, however his PARENTS kept the blues that night, because he was NOT allowed to bring them to the barracks because he did not rate to have them as he was not the platoon honorman.

At the last Graduation I attended, the store held them for him to pick up in the afternoon after grad.

They will be ready enough for you to prep and wear during your first leave.

No, when I got mine I ordered them the second week of third phase and they finally got done on the day of graduation and when you order them you have to pay for them on spot. There is no way you can order them the day before Grad. and get them on the day of Graduation unless you do not want them altered and just buy them as is. And, alter them when you get to MOS school or the fleet.

well i have another situation here. i have done 4 years of NJROTC, so im automatically getting Contract PFC. and my recruiter said that if i get 2 more people to join, that he will buy me a set of Dress Blues before i even go to bootcamp. but i just cant wear them until i get out of bootcamp. is this even possible?

"Sir, this recruit wants to hang up his dress blues he just bought for graduation in a week."

Quote Originally Posted by Kildars
    "Sir, this recruit wants to hang up his dress blues he just bought for graduation in a week."

He would recycle your ass just for fun!

Speaking of graduation and uniforms, I've seen videos of a few different graduations and in some of the videos recruits are wearing the "**** cutter" cover, I think it's called that, correct me if I'm wrong, and some are wearing the Barracks cover, also not positive about this term, why is it that some platoons wear one cover and other platoons wear another?

You can have the dress blues but I suggest you not take them to boot camp with you.

The official name is the garrison cover- but it is usually called the word you used to get all the stars. I have no idea how they decide what to wear, it is probably up to the Company Commander. When I graduated everyone wore Alphas with barracks covers at SD, but PI Marines were doing like they do now and wearing a seasonal uniform. In all honesty, it doesn't matter too much. They'll tell you what to wear, and everyone will think you look great.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Why would you want to buy a uniform before you have not even gone through the most body changing thing in your life. You will lose weight, change muscel type and look differant. The Blues might not even fit then and then what ? Your body will change in all the things you go through in Boot. The Jacket is made to fit a way that if you are to small or to big it won't wear right. You should wait and buy them when you get done with Boot, then they will fit right on your body.

Semper Fi

Either you can wait or get them and then when u get out if they dont fit then you can take them to alterations and get them altered to your body type.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Why would you also start buying uniforms that you don't rate yet, you have to earn the Title Marine. Let's remember this fact first and do the right steps. You should get to Boot Camp and go through the process, and get to the phase of Boot Camp were you start to worry about uniforms. Then buy them then and make sure they fit. God forbid what if something happens and Recruits do get hurt and phased out. There is alot of things to think about on this issue of uniforms and the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

Semper Fi

Thread Information