Tricare dental opens to overseas retirees
Create Post

Exclamation Tricare dental opens to overseas retirees

Tricare dental opens to overseas retirees
    By Kelly Kennedy - kellykennedy@militarytimes.com
    Posted : May 21, 2007

The Tricare Retiree Dental Program is being opened to military retirees living in all overseas locations.

However, retirees outside the current coverage areas — the U.S., its territories and Canada — will have to pay premiums for those services, as all retirees do.

Monthly premiums in the U.S. generally run between $30 and $50 for an individual, $60 to $90 for a family of two, and $100 to $155 for a family of three or more, depending on where the retiree is located. Delta Dental organizes the TRDP into five regions, with premiums based on the average cost of living in each region.

Information on how TRDP premiums will be set overseas was not available.

Federal law has never specifically restricted the geographic scope of the Tricare Retiree Dental Program, run under contract by Delta Dental of California, but until now it has served retirees living only in the U.S., Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.

The Defense Department decided to expand the program to overseas areas based on requests from retirees and their families who live abroad.

The change would make about 100,000 retirees and family members who live abroad eligible for the TRDP, according to a notice published in the April 16 Federal Register.

“Expanding the geographic scope of the program will ensure that all Tricare-eligible retirees are eligible for the same dental benefits, regardless of their location,” defense officials said in the Federal Register notice.

Officials said expanding the TRDP overseas will not increase the government’s costs for the program, because it is maintained “entirely by enrollees through premium payments.”

Enrollees also pay for dental costs in excess of the TRDP coverage limits, and the contractor is solely responsible for program costs in excess of annual premium payments.

Tricare spokeswoman Bonnie Powell said details are being worked out about when the expanded service will become available.

For more about the Tricare Retiree Dental Program, visit www.trdp.org/.

Ellie

I am aware of this information, my brother pays a monthly premium but he chose a private insurance company for that. You would be surprised to see how many options you can find that are worth a look. So he pays dental insurance rates instead of premiums. Until the health system gets healthier this is what he chose.

tri-care

I cancled all my dental appts until they can learn to clean the equipment right. If I want aids, I'll go to a *****, but will not get it fromn the va. At your own risk. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.(Posted at 15:14, not 03:13)

triCare

Didn't see the pm after the time. As in another post, 'why is military time not used? I see the post was edited. Great for all those poolies out there. Glad it was opened up to our military over Seas, finally. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

So I like this very much! That is the way! This is a good idea!

Cheapest WOW Gold
    RS Gold
    Rift Plat

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    had mine clean today . i ask her you clean all this stuff she gave me a song and dance i walk out of there with a stuff animal.

I am New Here,My name is Jesse and this is my first entry here. Since I am new to forum community and I feel I am in midst of my own learning curve. I feel sometimes, that I have to learn a lot, hope you guys have patient on me.Thank you for sharing the post.

Coach Shoes
    Coach Wallets
    Coach Handbags

Thread Information