Life in the Corps
Create Post

Life in the Corps

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2022511001

Check out all the videos from this user (listed on the right).

What a disgrace. Posting a video like that while you're in uniform is unacceptable.

But, the guy helping his recruiter move the day before he went to bootcamp is pretty funny.

Yeah, the one you linked us to is retarded, but I laughed at a bunch of them. Like the "29 palms hazing" and the recruiter calling the poolee the day before he shipped to help him move.

My poolee friends helped my recruiter move a while back. The sad thing is they were like ITS COOL WE'RE HANGING OUT WITH HIM HE LIKES US!

My recruiters are cool and all, and we all get along great. But I know damn well we're not going to be their best friends when we get back from recruit training. Once we get to SOI they probably won't remember our names.

I guess I'm the only one not naive enough to believe otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    Yeah, the one you linked us to is retarded, but I laughed at a bunch of them. Like the "29 palms hazing" and the recruiter calling the poolee the day before he shipped to help him move.

My poolee friends helped my recruiter move a while back. The sad thing is they were like ITS COOL WE'RE HANGING OUT WITH HIM HE LIKES US!

My recruiters are cool and all, and we all get along great. But I know damn well we're not going to be their best friends when we get back from recruit training. Once we get to SOI they probably won't remember our names.

I guess I'm the only one not naive enough to believe otherwise.
    Oh shooot...I'm helping my recruiter move tomorrow. My life blows lol. But in exchange I get to use his Mustang for free banquet night...so it's not like I'm being used.

There's no reason you can't be friends with your recruiter after Boot Camp, you know. Heck, I'm friends with my recruiter.

I never spoke to the man that recruited me. If I ever see him, I won't be speaking then either, but he will be hurting. But, I'm unusual, my recruiter actually was a slime ball. He found his way out of the Marine Corps for the stuff he pulled. I did talk to his replacement a couple of times.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ya know there are a few Marines who's names you will never forget, your DI's and your Recruiter! 38 years ago today I shipped, and I remember every curve in my Recruiters face, all the jokes, all the advice, everything! Then I never saw him again, like he fell off the face of the earth! Damn nice guy though, for a SSgt!

Its not my recruiter that I'm going to remember, its this other recruiter that works at the same office I'm probably going to remember. My recuriter has been changed around 3x already so I'm even confused. My current one is pretty cool. However the one I will truely remember is Sgt. Gates. Hes the man that helped me drop 60lb, made me more fit than I ever been in my life. Hes the only one that motivate the other recruiters to start comming to our poolee meetings. For a while our poolee function was only the guide leading it, with one recruiter overseeing us, but never praticipating, just sitting on the bench. We would run there, and he would drive there. But not Sgt. Gates. He will run by our side, call cadence whlie we run down Jamaica Ave. and when we get to the park treat us like were in bootcamp. He would have made a great DI.

Thread Information