'OpFor' for MOUT Training
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up 'OpFor' for MOUT Training

I've got a chance to be an 'OpFor' participant for M.O.U.T Training for some 'doggies' at Ft Knox.

Has anyone done it,

got any suggestions,

do's and don'ts,

can and can't get away withs ??

This is gonna be SO COOOOOoooLLL :bandit:

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Military Operations on Urban Terrain?
    Terrific news. I have no doubt that you
    will distinguish yourself among your peers.
    Can't help you with any suggestions..I'm just
    passing on my best wishes.
    Gary

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oh MAN... I'm seriously jealous... that'd be some CRAZY SH*T!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Give 'em Hell! Make sure they get a good training experience.

Credits
    Savings
    Been 20 plus years since I did 'ROMPnSTOMP'. But that was just riot control stuff. Been reading up on some of the tactics being developed in the sandbox.

If they give me a 'script', and tell me to 'play nice with the soldiers', I may walk.
    We'll just have to see how much 'thinking', adapting, reacting, they want to instill.

Ther should be paintball too !!!

Terry

Probably SIMS rounds is what you'll use, which is like paintball. They install a kit onto actual rifles and pistols, and it fires paint rounds, but they work better and are more accurate than paintballs.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    If they give me a 'script', and tell me to 'play nice with the soldiers', I may walk.
    Yes, definitetly listen and abide by the safety protocals. But if they do pansy-script your part, just smile and nod your head and then go ahead and kick ass!

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by yellowwing

Yes, definitetly listen and abide by the safety protocals. But if they do pansy-script your part, just smile and nod your head and then go ahead and kick ass!

LOL

I was kinda thinking the same thing.
    What are they gonna do.... cut my hair and send me to Okinawa ??

Im on my way to Guam to train seabees in MOUT. If sim rounds are involved it should be fun. At the instructors course they had plastic bags up for walls to simulate being able to shoot through the walls. That was crazy. hope you have a good time.

Credits
    Savings
    24 Hours till I report for my first 'Role Player' game. Been boning up on hand and arm signals (want to read what they are fixin to do), thinking sneaky, doing a lot of grinning

1700 to 0200. I figure there will be a daylight run, and then one in the dark with NV goggles.
    Got my SureFire ready to go.

Does anybody know about 'SIMUNITIONS' ?? Is this the same as paintball (.68 cal) just adapted onto a real weapon ??
    Effective Range ?? Able to 'Snipe' with it well ??

Anything will help 'play nice with the soldiers' :P

Simunitions is kits they put in a actual pistols and rifles, that shoot a paint-tipped round. They don't use air or co2 like paintballs, or motors and gas like airsoft. They load into a magazine just like regular rounds, the ranges are really good, I know I've seen them hit relatively accurate at around 100 yds, they can hurt like hell when you get hit with them, and they shoot really straigt and accurate. Even the pistols work well. However, don't wear anything you don't want to get stained cause I never did get the pink and orange out of my cammies from months ago.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Get Some, mrbsox!

Credits
    Savings

Red face Called on acount of rain

The evenings festivities were called at the last minute due to weather. As we were going thru the area, being pointed out all of the pyrotechnics and final safety breifing, it was called off.

The sceinero was for the troops to 'fast rope' into the town, looking for this bad guy. We were ALL non-combatants. Just town folk for them to have to deal with, and protect if necessary. Any way, by the time to 'Op' was over, the blackhawks would not have been able to get back out.

Gonna try again Monday evening. They had us (@ 30) all decked out in bed sheets and head wear. The several females (regulars at this) were in role too, some were issued 'babies' to protect at all cost, etc.

More to come.

Terry

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Geez- too bad. You could have played the part of the canterous patriarch deeply offended that they were looking at your wives!

Credits
    Savings

Wink 0320; Wired and Tired

Danm this ol fat guy is out of shape.
    But we made them work for it.

We had about 2 dozen 'privates' in their last couple of weeks of basic show up for 'town folk'
    Sorry lookin lot they were. I got paired up with one that couldn't even tell me which way was EAST... and the sun was setting.

But anyway...

A company fast ropes into town, and they start lighting up everybody they see that is moving. I was setting behind some cover, just setting there, and took three sim rounds in the leg.
    But about a half hour into it, their running around blowing doors and clearing buildings. I'm just sitting there minding my own buisness and get 'detained'.

All I could remember was the CODE OF CONDUCT. No info from me. They didn't get too rough, they knew we were volunteers. But listining to their radio chatter, they didn't know which way was North of town. While detained, I was sure to remind the pvts to remember the 'Code of Conduct'.
    They acted like they didn't know WTF I was talking about.

It was a blast, can't wait to do it again !!

Semper Fi

Thread Information