Flag of Our Fathers-Movie Opinions - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Went and seen it in the theatres and i i dont think there was a dry veteren eye in the theatre.I really enjoyed it.I would give my left arm to sit down with a vet that stormed the beach. The MARINES that hit that beach without a clue are my hero's. God bless those gentlemen.

yeah the only other part i liked in Jarhead was when the drill instructor said "why are you here!" and whatever jake gylenhal's characters name was said "sir! i got lost on the way to college sir!"

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kydevildogmark
    Went and seen it in the theatres and i i dont think there was a dry veteren eye in the theatre.I really enjoyed it.I would give my left arm to sit down with a vet that stormed the beach. The MARINES that hit that beach without a clue are my hero's. God bless those gentlemen.
    The movie premiere up herein Winnipeg was supposed to have a Iwo Veteran. I looked forward to to meeting one of our Grandfathers. But It did not happen.

My 1st Sgt. at K-Bay ('74-'75) fought at Iwo Jima. His words- "When I hit the beach, things were fast and furious! I had to take a sh!t, and there was no time to stop. I slit the back of my dungarees with my combat knife, and sh!t on the run!"
    He stayed in long enough to get his thirty years. Couldn't pass the PFT and was unqualified on the range. Scuttlebutt was the Corps just let him finish his time, because he fought and survived Iwo. Don't recall his name, but he was a good guy.

drumcorpssnare

that sucks i can sit and listen to them stories all day long. It is unbelievable how those guys made it.

Thread Information