Flag of Our Fathers-Movie Opinions
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flag of Our Fathers-Movie Opinions

Hey who all has seen this movie and is it worth seeing? I haven't really read any reviews and from what I can see it seems to have more WWII stuff and Iwo Jima on there. I got a chance to go to Iwo Jima and we humped down that beach its mostly trash, shoes wash up but that sad is and am sure was a ***** to hump to the mountain..

For all you brothers that were actually there after that ya'll earned a greater respect to have rushed on a beach like that..

That was a great movie. It really showed what war can do to a person

I saw the movie. If you read the book, the movie followed it pretty well. I'd call it worth seeing...I'd watch it again. Eastwood does a fair job trying to maintain historical accuracy. Every author/director is going to take some "poetic license" so you always have to weed out some but I don't think he went over the top on anything.

In my opinion it was a movie worth seeing!! Read the book which gives you a lot more details. The Doc was sure one great hero and didn't brag about it! What comes out is that Doc was still looking out for his Marines during the whole bond tour. Great man!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Round out your movie experience with Eastwood's "Letters Home Iwo Jima".

In my opinion, it is not merely a sympathy movie for the Japanese, but only a movie of Men killing Men.

Yeah, I liked it. I actually bought it when it became available but of course I do that with most Marine movies other than freakin' Jarhead that is. Yeah, check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by maverickmarine
    Yeah, I liked it. I actually bought it when it became available but of course I do that with most Marine movies other than freakin' Jarhead that is. Yeah, check it out.
    Jarhead definitely . . . SUCKED !!!

That damn movie and book by the same name - Jarhead- should be ignored. What a piece of trash!!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Flags of Our Fathers is a pretty good flick. The only thing that would make it a perfect movie if it addressed more on the the Marine Bond with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi170
    That damn movie and book by the same name - Jarhead- should be ignored. What a piece of trash!!
    I actually did end up buying Jarhead. One of the kids rented it. Halfway through it, I gingerly removed it from the DVD Player and launched that prick out the front door like a frisbee. It layed in the bottom of the birdbath for three days.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Jamie Foxx was the only good feature of that tired dog. "Every day I thank God for another day in the Corps. Oh-rah!"

I wasn't out for very long when I really started to miss it.

i thought Jarhead made sniper school look to easy, but Flags of our Fathers was great. it was full with enough action but still kept the story line together.

Quote Originally Posted by JinxJr
    I actually did end up buying Jarhead. One of the kids rented it. Halfway through it, I gingerly removed it from the DVD Player and launched that prick out the front door like a frisbee. It layed in the bottom of the birdbath for three days.
    Well, I was going to say sorry you wasted your money buying it but then again I saw it at the movies and after tickets and drinks you probably got off better than I did. Other than I had to endur the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Jamie Foxx was the only good feature of that tired dog. "Every day I thank God for another day in the Corps. Oh-rah!"

See Jamie Fox gets on my nerves and I didn't think he did a very good job but that was the one outstanding statement he made in it.

Thread Information