H & S Comm Plt. 3/5 '79-'82
Create Post

H & S Comm Plt. 3/5 '79-'82

Looking for any members of Comm Plt. 3/5 when stationed at Camp Margarita, Camp Pendleton from Nov. 1979 to Oct. 1982. Radio Chief was SSgt. Ray Jacobs and Comm Chief was GySgt. Cleary who had replaced Gunny Burns. It "behooves" you to check in!

Frank

Hey Frank, a friend of mine was at Margarita from 79-82 Mark Haas. (can't remember what unit) I was at Horno 3/1 Comm Plt from 11/79-08/82

Quote Originally Posted by bigswo
    Hey Frank, a friend of mine was at Margarita from 79-82 Mark Haas. (can't remember what unit) I was at Horno 3/1 Comm Plt from 11/79-08/82
    The name Haas doesn't sound familiar. If he was with the 5th Regiment, he must have been with the grunt units or possibly Comm 2/9. Thanks anyway.

I was with 3/5 from 1987 to 1989. Kilo Co weapons plt & H&S Co. as the legal clerk. My question is this. Is 3/5 still at Camp Margarita? I heard they moved. I still have a photo of the sign as you pull into Margarita.

Hey Goose,

I went back to visit Pendleton in '94 and found that the 5th Regiment had moved up Basilone Road to San Onofre, I believe. Don't believe the units' been at Margarita for some time now.

Wire Chief

Yes i was there from 1981 to 1984.

Thread Information