RE4 code but want back in.. - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks Top. I'm pushing...really hard to find someone willing to help. You have been the most help to me so far. I e-mailed Marine Reserve HQ about the age requirements for interservice transfers to see if I can get a straight answers. None of the ALMAR's I have read gave any indication of age restrictions. So, I'm hopeful. But, depending on a few feelers I have out there I'm waiting for their responses. I know the Marine is hurting for Junior Grade Officers in the Marine Corps Reserve.

My younger brother is a Staff Sergeant so I have him working a few angles to see what he can find out for me. My brother is amazed b/c I have good judgement when it comes to the Marine Corps. We get into these decussions about the Marine Corps and their needs and I'm dead on all the time. I told my brother after 9/11 that Marine Corps is Going to have to lean more toward SOC in coming years. What happens Marine combines Recon into MARSOC. After I graduated college I told him because of the age restrictions they place on incoming officers, plus the statics say 66% of the Marine Corps is under 25 years old, average career Officer is 11 years, and the strained placed on the Marine Corps they are going to be in need of Junior Grade officers. The article recent published by the Marine Reservice website indicates they are in need of officers. I think in 1-2 years in general the Marines are going to need active duty officers as well. I know if I get the chance for OCS I'll make make it. I have too, milk money.

Thanks again

Sorry guys I don't know happen but my message posted mulitiply times.

Once a Marine Always a Marine

BS. RE-4? What kind of crap is that? Once a Marine, once a Marine. Period. When your contract is up and you aren't needed anymore, you are only a Marine in your own head. The Marines don't care.

Credits
    Savings
    Speedyone http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/im...ser_online.gif
    Last Activity: Today 08:56 PM
    Viewing Thread RE4 code but want back in.. @ 08:56 PM

Year Entered Marine corps:
    Group Memberships : Speedyone is not a member of any public groups

INCOMING!!!!!

Hey big Al, I was wondering, do you know if "getting an upgrade" on one's discharge status is the same as a request for an RE code change? Just wondering...Thanx

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSmact
    Hey big Al, I was wondering, do you know if "getting an upgrade" on one's discharge status is the same as a request for an RE code change? Just wondering...Thanx

Go Army!!

I think "Speedy" should fly his little self away until he fills out a profile and follows SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS!

And, nothing like bringing back a five month old thread.

Lastly, to answer the last question, no, upgrading the RE code isn't the same as upgrading your discharge. Totally different process.

Don't bother upgrading your RE code. Don't volunteer again. If they really need you, they will call you. In my estimation, my skills are and have been supremely far more appreciated and valued outside of the Marines. I don't just give them away and to anyone who is interested, my skills don't come cheap. If the Marines want me back, they will have to beg. If the country needs my service, I will be summoned without having to volunteer. I suggest Sgt. Leprechaun mind his own business and get a life.

Awwwww......someone got it's widdle feelings all hurt and damaged.

I also think 'speedy' is likely a poser, someone with a BCD or worse, or just a wannabee that never could be.

It would appear the country does NOT need the service of speedy at this time. Please go back to being an internet troll and all will be well.

Have the best day ever!

MOODDDDDDDDSSS!!!! SPEEDY IS PICKING ON ME!!!!!

What a toolsack.

Nothing to see here...ah well.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 01-29-08 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Adding

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun
    Awwwww......someone got it's widdle feelings all hurt and damaged.

I also think 'speedy' is likely a poser, someone with a BCD or worse, or just a wannabee that never could be.

It would appear the country does NOT need the service of speedy at this time. Please go back to being an internet troll and all will be well.

Have the best day ever!

MOODDDDDDDDSSS!!!! SPEEDY IS PICKING ON ME!!!!!

What a toolsack.

I agree with you on that one. Obvioulsy doesn't come close to the tough skin or attitude of a Marine. He needs to exit our A.O. immediately.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Well this discussion has lost its charm.

Thread Information