Question about PT night at recruiter's office.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question about PT night at recruiter's office.

I've finally stepped up to the plate and have decided to go to the weekly PT night at my local recruiters office. The only thing is I'm really nervous (I'm kind of a pu**y I know ) because I don't know what to really expect. I would appreciate it if some of the Poolees could tell me what they usually do at PT night (at least that's what I think it's called) If they have it at your recruiting office. Also, what is the proper term for the recruiter's office? I want to say RSS but I'm not sure if thats right. Thanks.

YEa you are a pu**y but remember you said it. How are you going to want to be a Marine and not want to pt at your recruiter (the nice guy) station? Get over it and expect the worst, you'll be suprised.

What do you do? I'll tell you what my recruiter told me. "Come and find out."

If youre that nervous about hanging out with your buddies at your recruiters office and doing some pt, how do you feel about going to boot camp?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'd be jumpin' all over the place with joy If I was able to do some PT with a Marine Corps recruiter. I'm not so lucky though.

It's not so much that I'm nervous about the PT, more about the fact that I'm a really shy and quiet kid and I'm kind of worried about making a fool of myself as I can be kind of clumsy at times. But I guess I gotta stop being so self conscious about myself if I ever want to make it through boot camp so I've decided I'm going to go to PT tomorrow no matter what. Maybe I'm not really that nervous, just exited.

Sam,

If you really want to be a Marine, then you'll learn to put the shyness and quietness behind you.

If you really want to be a Marine, and I assume that you do because you're posting on this forum, then screw what anyone else thinks about you. Go to the PT night, do your best, and be loud. People respect you if you're loud and motivated and want to be there.

Doesn't matter if you're the clumsiest kid around--if you act like you want to be there, you'll be fine.

Sam,

Let me explain that I am a poolee that just completed my college education (aka the 5 year detour) today actually. I am similar to you. I am the shy kid that is not too fond of everyone else espexcially bigger stronger individuals. However, I decided that I am going to be the individual that gets no less on the IST and the PFT than anyon e else. If you maintain that attitufe you will survive any situation you are placed in and will actually suprise yourself on what you can do. I know my poolee event 2 weeks from know is going to challenge me in every aspcet of my being, but I have decided to deal with it as the attempt to be the best I can be.

I really wish you guys could take all the fluffy stuff offline. Mothers of America read this stuff and take steps to make our job harder making you guys harder.

Quote Originally Posted by SamJohnston
    It's not so much that I'm nervous about the PT, more about the fact that I'm a really shy and quiet kid and I'm kind of worried about making a fool of myself as I can be kind of clumsy at times. But I guess I gotta stop being so self conscious about myself if I ever want to make it through boot camp so I've decided I'm going to go to PT tomorrow no matter what. Maybe I'm not really that nervous, just exited.
    Your just nervous because you don't know whats going to happen.

When I first started PT'ing with my recruiters I was fat and out of shape, couldn't do one lap around the parking lot. Well a hundred of PT days later I can do a 1.5 miles in 9:47. Can do 3 pull-ups and about 50 crunches. Lost weight doing it too.

Gotta have tough skin. No matter what, just go, who gives a **** about the guy about to go to boot camp. He will be in the same situation like you.

Just get out there and run. It's nothing hard at first but about 2-3 weeks in, it will be natural and you will see an improvement in yourself and you will start to feel great in the morning.

"Just do it"
    -Nike

you can do a mile and a half in under 10 minutes but can only do 3 pull up's and 50 crunches?

....uh?

Don't call yourself a damn pu$$y! You joined the United States Marine Corps and from now on you need to uphold their Corps Values: HONOR COURAGE COMMITMENT.

Freaking motivate yourself and be the best Poolee at your Recruiting station!
    Nobody on this forum knows exactly what goes on at your nightly poolee events. All I have to say is the last time I PT'd at night I fell off a 100 ft. cliff at the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgannph
    you can do a mile and a half in under 10 minutes but can only do 3 pull up's and 50 crunches?

....uh?
    Try being 250 lbs. It's not easy and if that disgust you just wait.

My brother lost 50lbs in the Infantry OSUT at Ft. Benning and he can't do a single pull-up. He weighs 205lbs, but aced the Army PFT.

I'm working on the crunches and Pull-ups.

No, no offense intended.

That's cool if you have improved that much.

I've just never heard of running a sub 10 minute mile and a half with the other stuff you said.

That in itself is impressive.

When you said you could only do 3 pull up's you caught me off guard, that's all.

Keep up the good work then! Best of luck on improving and scoring higher on your PFT later on.

Being scared or nervous doesn't make you a pussy. Great men are the ones who overcome their apprehensions and do what is necessary.

Thread Information