Question on PT in Boot Camp
Create Post

Question on PT in Boot Camp

So from what I gather, wake up is at around 5am. If it is one of the PT days (running MWF or whatever), do you do that right away or do you eat breakfast then run and do everything. Just curious to know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Be quite honest I can't remember - seems like we ate first then did PT but I could have it backwards. Either way, you will be HUNGRY the whole time you're there - you'll be bending over that tray like a hungry dog!

pvtLayde
    Guest Free Member
    Lights go on at 4am (3rd Battalion Firewatch Counts Down Last 10 seconds Until 4am) Then you are up, getting clothed, in the head,shaving, and out the door to the chow hall and arrive there at close to 5am. You then proceed to your regular scheduled Daily activities (ie. Mon, Wens. Fri. PT) this was for 1st - 2nd Battalion, 3rd Was PT Everyday.

You eat first, then run. Do not think you will be full though hawks. Like Marine84 said --- YOURE ALWAYS HUNGRY THERE

Eat all you could a t breakfast everyday... Yea you'll have to sh*t and they probably wont let you make a head call but who cares. Suck it up and wait for senior drill instructor square away time. Pt s not as bad as you think it is going to be. Its just getting straight slaughtered all day that's going to bother you.

At boot camp you'll go to the chow hall at 0430 or 0500 or somewhere around there, then come back to the squadbay and do morning cleanup for 30 minutes or an hour, then you'll go PT.

At SOI, you PT 5 minutes after you wake up and you don't eat anything beforehand, then you'll get A-Rats after PT. I'll usually squeeze in 2 powerbars before PT here at SOI.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    How's things going John? Haven't seen you in a bit - they must be keeping you busy. Where are you now?

Never mind found the other thread

ask a scribe the night before hell tell you if you guys doing a run. and dont be like some of the rocks that would drink lots of milk try to keep it light like water and eggs etc that way you wont be running on a heavy stomach.

man waking up at 5 to eat and ruin just makes me smile i cant wait to meet more of my kinda people this is gonna be so fun

It's more like...wake up, do your stuff, eat, go back and do morning cleanup, stand around in formation for a while, then march to the PT field, then PT.

Quote Originally Posted by pvtLayde
    Lights go on at 4am (3rd Battalion Firewatch Counts Down Last 10 seconds Until 4am) Then you are up, getting clothed, in the head,shaving, and out the door to the chow hall and arrive there at close to 5am. You then proceed to your regular scheduled Daily activities (ie. Mon, Wens. Fri. PT) this was for 1st - 2nd Battalion, 3rd Was PT Everyday.
    Shaving after reveille? I don't think so.

The Training schedule for all battalions on both coasts is the same. There was no difference depending upon which battalion you were in.

Layde, perhaps this was the sick bay commando's schedule?

Careful what you post here, man. You're making yourself a splendid target of opportunity.

Well, my time in MRP followed the same schedule as everyone else- just moved up about 30 minutes. We shaved at night and went to chow first thing in the morning. Even earlier there, we had to be in and out before the training companies came in.

Quote Originally Posted by rvillac2
    Shaving after reveille? I don't think so.

The Training schedule for all battalions on both coasts is the same. There was no difference depending upon which battalion you were in.

Layde, perhaps this was the sick bay commando's schedule?

Careful what you post here, man. You're making yourself a splendid target of opportunity.
    We shaved and brushed our teeth and fixed racks right after we woke up.

I went through in May last year. We shaved at night and less than 2 minutes after waking we were out the door to the Chow Hall. Boots unlaced and cammies barely on. Pt days went the same except as soon as you came back, strip down to PT gear, grab rifles and get in company formation.

You'll have fun

Thread Information