Squad bay pranks - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by JinxJr
    All of our Newbies at HQ 1/11 had to qualify with the ax. (If you're gonna operate a tactical vehicle, you have to know how to handle the Pioneer Gear right?). The Comm Shack had railroad ties around the parking area where you would lead said Newbie to qualify. (Qualifying with the ax MUST be done blindfolded.) Hand the young Marine an ax, place a quarter on railroad tie and let the Newbie set his reach, distance, etc. and tell him that he needs to be blindfolded so, "here, let me hold your cover so you don't screw it up swinging that ax with a blindfold on." Let him rest the ax on the quarter, blindfold him and, when he picks up the ax you place his cover over the quarter. If on the first swing the cover isn't hanging on the ax blade they get 5 swings to get it right. Reporting qualification scores is ALWAYS done from a distance though.
    This must of been a 11th Marines thing ! I'm still mad at the ******* that played a similar prank on me in '61 in Lima Battery. It wasn't as sophisticated, he just told me to see how hard a could hit some canvas with a hammer on the comm shack concrete floor, unbeknown to me my new cover was under the spot I was to hit. I never liked that SOB that set me up, he's fcuking lucky he went to the stumps before I made corporal.

I'm still p!ssed

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This was an Air National Guard prank worthy of the Marines I thought.

Duct tape a highly intoxicated person into their rack while passed out. Great fun in the morning, or even sooner if they had to get up to pee.

When we went to the Army Guard bases to use firing ranges, my commanding officer (a major) slept in the same old WWII barracks with the rest of the unit. Sometimes he had a few too many Black Russians of an evening. You would think after the second time for certain he'd watch his consumption level. Noooope. Of course it was the senior NCOs who were guilty of felonious duct tape usage.

I thought it would be funny if we ordered pizza delivered to the squadbay for the Drill Instructors on Liberty Sunday...never did do it though.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    While training at camp Fuji we had a lieutenant go to the field missing half his gear and bumming crap off the troops. I was the guide. The platoon sergeant said LT sleep in the rain and next time bring all your crap. I said I'll cover for the Lieutenant I have an extra poncho and will even help him pack his pack tomarrow so that it will travel better and be more comfortable. Gave the SSgt a wink and he knew what I meant.

Next morning had the lieutenant's pack squared away and ship shape and he gave me my poncho back. It took him nearly 20 miles to figure out that there was nothing in his pack but 2 big rocks and a sand bag full of sand. The dam thing must have weighed a hundred pounds. I carried one of those rocks in my pack the rest of deployment and the plt sgt carried the other. It was worth it

Thread Information