Type of shoes issued at boot.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Type of shoes issued at boot.

Anybody know what kind of shoes they're issuing at boot? Just wanna know so I can pick up a pair and get used to running in them before.

And yes I did a search.

I believe they were New Balance.

On the east coast it was New Balance, on the west, we had those kick ass cammie colored Asics... They RULE, but at least you can wear the New balance after boot with out looking like a tool.

Sweet, I wear Asics now, I love them. I've got the blue gel-nimbus's. I also put in some insoles that are all high-impact foam, 3/4" thick at the heel and thin at the toe. They really take the pounding off of the concrete.

I know they're New Balance I'm talking about the specific model. Those camo Asics sound sweet.

Nothing at all wrong with wanting to be as prepared as possible, but it seems you are overthinking this a little to me. I'm sure whatever they give you, you will make them work just fine. Weather they are New Balance or Scooba Steve's flippers

Quote Originally Posted by Dan629
    Nothing at all wrong with wanting to be as prepared as possible, but it seems you are overthinking this a little to me. I'm sure whatever they give you, you will make them work just fine. Weather they are New Balance or Scooba Steve's flippers
    Everyone has a right to their opinion, but I'm looking for facts. My reasoning is that not all shoes fit the same and a size 11 in one shoe is a 10.5 in another and when you run long distances your feet swell. If your shoes are too small it negatively effects all aspects of your running motion and cause all kinds of knee, hip, and back problems. I have a month left before I ship and I need a new pair anyway so I'd like to get used to the ones that I'll be wearing for three months straight and get my feet used to them.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    That's SCUBA Steve. Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus.

The United States Marine Corps spends alot of money training recruits. Breaking recruits beyond repair is not in the Marine Corps' best interest. Rest assured that whatever you get will do the job. Candidates bring their own running shoes to OCS, so I can't tell you what model asics or new balance is issued even though some of the prior enlisted Marines had their issued "go fasters" there. I didn't care enough to look at their shoe display and find out which model running shoes they were. They weren't garbage, though.

Grodunt===============You will weare what ever they have at that time in your size. They will also be from the cheapst bidder. When I went to B.C. there were at least 4 different makers.

Cammie gofasters? I want some! In my day they issued NB at PI and these horrible red, yellow, and white Nikes in SD. Of course, we could also wear our own shoes if we wanted- so that's what I did.

We had time to try on different sizes during initial issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PerXes
    We had time to try on different sizes during initial issue.
    That's good to know.

When I was on depot there were about 4 different models around, I was issued these... http://www.newbalance.com/running/training/M767/ I reported to MCRDSD 20070116.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson07
    When I was on depot there were about 4 different models around, I was issued these... http://www.newbalance.com/running/training/M767/ I reported to MCRDSD 20070116.
    Yeah, PI issues something along those lines is what i heard from a marine that just got back.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sweet Jumpin Jarheads in my day they issued us Converse All Stars!

Jim

Thread Information