Poolee Competition
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Poolee Competition

I received a call from my recruiter mentioning that we have a PT competition down at Ford Field against all the other RSS's. Anyone else have something like this. I guess it came down from our SgtMaj.

Yes, I had a funtion like that when I was a poolee. We called it a family day/pool funtion thing. We competed against 5 other RSS' from the region at Quantico. You do all kinds of fun things. We even had a Drill Instructor come up and mess with some of the poolees, it was crucial to see. Have tons of fun, and hydrate.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnica
    Yes, I had a funtion like that when I was a poolee. We called it a family day/pool funtion thing. We competed against 5 other RSS' from the region at Quantico. You do all kinds of fun things. We even had a Drill Instructor come up and mess with some of the poolees, it was crucial to see. Have tons of fun, and hydrate.

Was a great day... COLD AS HELL... But awsome... Had prom that night as well... Got up at 0600 had to be at the RSS at 0700, we left at 0715. didnt get back to the RSS till 1600, and I had to pick up my gf at 1700 in my tux.

Didn't get home till 0600 next morning... Best day of my life... So far...

You want to hydrate 2 days before you have this... So DRINK LOTS OF WATER EVERY DAY.... I mean lots... you will need it.

Yea, my RSS had to do that last weekend we competed against five other stations in the area...It was alot of fun... and like Motorola07 wrote...DRINK LOTS OF WATER YOU'LL NEED IT!

We just had ours last week. Pretty fun. Your voice will be gone by the end of the day.

In may all the recruiting stations in Minnesota are heading to Camp Ripley for 3 days. We are doing a ton of stuff like a tank sim, land nav, O-course, lots of PT, and a bunch of other stuff. Its going to be a state wide competiton, I cant wait!

Yea, I'm interested to see what they will have set up. For those who don't know Ford Field is the relatively brand new facility the amazing Detroit Lions play in. The place is quite large, so I imagine they must of some great set up for us in order to rent out such a large facility.

I will be down there May 12th and promise nothing but the absoloute best from RS Novi.

It seems that the event will not be at Ford Field anymore because of the "bad publicity" that the owners seem to say it places on the event. However the event will still be that weekend. You should probably find out from your recruiter as we will be there too. RSS Findlay will come out in force...be prepared.

My RSS is doing the same thing next week in Atlanta.

Going to be alot of fun, being ****ed with.

Oh man I can't wait. It will finally be the thing that will show me how close I am to the other poolees and other RSS's and I will feel good/bad about my own progress. Though it will not be at Ford Field, I am still excited about our RSS and our potential Iron Man and other competition aspects of this. I highly doubt we will let anyone down...110% is what you will see if you are coming for a minimum

I found out at the poolee workout last night that Ford Field was a no go. But now it sounds like its gonna to be in a training dome at the Silverdome. Its old and in the ghetto though, so I'm kinda bummed!

My RSS just has competition with the navy RSS in our area...we kick their asses everytime of course!!!

Few more days until this field meet. Can't wait!

I had my state poolee function last saturday, it was awsome. There were about 8 other RSS. My RSS got the most Motivated trophey. There were all sorts of events and we got to eat MRE's for lunch. We had to get up @0430 HRS and it didn't end till 1530 HRS. It was the longest day in my life. And I had prom right afterwards. I was tired. But It was a taste to what's coming in two weeks. 20070528 MCRDPI.

Thread Information