DLAB...uhh....what the freak?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

DLAB...uhh....what the freak?

Wow, what an interesting....absolutely positively.....retarded test! I feel sorry for the guys who had to make it.

I seriously can't even explain what its like, imagine listening to a guy speak Jibberish, like, literally say "owenashani" and translate it into English haha.

Anyways, I got a 93, the Corps requires a 100 but all the other branches only need an 85...

What irritates me isn't the Corps' high standards (Thats why it is the best...) what irritates me is that every single section, I didn't understand what was being asked of me until like the 10th question, and since its an audio-given test I couldn't go back over my answers.

I know for a fact I can pass it the next time I take it though, absolutely positive. I will take it again in 30 days... if I don't decide to keep my UH (infantry) contract.

They made me take it at boot camp. I was so tired I couldn't concentrate at all, but from what I remember I agree- retarded test no doubt.

I thought it was kinda cool, but thats probably because I got a 106. lol. Its just meant to test your short term memory and knowledge of english grammar. I was surprised that I passed because the entire way through I was like "what the hell am I doing?". The written portion was the most confusing for me.

I didn't think it was that bad. The test is used to test how well you can quickly learn another language. You must be able to grasp the new grammer rules as quickly as possible and then apply them.

Jackson, I understood the rules, but I didn't understand what it was asking me to do, mainly the subject-verb-object part.

I don't exactly know what I can and can't say, and being on a USMC website and signing a paper saying I wouldnt tell anyone what was on it, so I won't.

But I understood the rules perfectly, like how the verb would have something in front of it, and the object woudl have something after it, etc. I just didn't understand what they were asking me to do until mid-way through each section.

And I figure if I got a 93, and missed at least 30 questions because I didn't even know what the question was, I have a decent shot of passing next month.

The girl I was with got a 122 by the way, and she said she Christmas treed alot of it. !!!.

whats the purpose of taking this test?...for 03 field only or something?
    and whats christmas treeing?

Christmas treeing is when folks don't know the answers or really don't wanna bother taking a test, and you just simply mark any answer.

A little secret I learned is that 70% of the answers on standard test are "c" so if you don't know just put "c"

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    A little secret I learned is that 70% of the answers on standard test are "c" so if you don't know just put "c"
    And how did you "learn" this?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Heart
    whats the purpose of taking this test?...for 03 field only or something?
    and whats christmas treeing?
    Defense Language Aptitutue Battery

It measures your ability to quickly learn a foreign language. Its not for infantry, its for intel/cryptology/linguistics etc

yea... i rather not take that advice lol ^_^ all test are different.

oooooo i see. makes sense. cool. i wouldve taken it but my intell didnt go through.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ
    Christmas treeing is when folks don't know the answers or really don't wanna bother taking a test, and you just simply mark any answer.

WTF did you hear that garbage? Did the tooth fairy tell you?

Ive heard that stat also, but I tend to go with my own answers because like previously stated all tests are different. The test is not for intell, its specificly for DC linguistics because it measures your ability to learn a language.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay
    WTF did you hear that garbage? Did the tooth fairy tell you?
    My brother's recruiter said it,must have worked, he got a 87. I got a 32. (we took the ASVAB the same day.)

I've tried it on my college finals and I got a 91 on both of them this past term.

It might not work on every single test, but the people I know have tried it, all passed.

On all multable choise questions if there is a "c or d" that says all of the above that is about 80% right. This is from a MGYSGT. that I had a lot of respect for.

Thread Information