Tampons - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tampons

Quote Originally Posted by PerXes
    Once a reservist gets back from a tour, won't he have learned everything that an active duty guy knows?
    Sure, but the longer between deployments the more his skill and tactics get rusty. You being a reservist dont know this, but we spend ALL DAY talking rehearsing, eating, sleeping, the Corps and our tactics. We also put up with highers bull**** every day. we stand duty, fire watch, have our liberty secured, have health and comfort inspections, gut check PT.... the list goes on.

Im sure when your unit gets activated, youll be on-it like blue-bonnet, but not now... NO WAY. Sorry.

Yes, he will learn a lot. Just like everybody that goes to war gets training about where he'll be going. But he will have received the minimum possible. You still haven't told me how that's different from current reservists.

Will he know as much as a Sergeant? No. But will he be able to fight pretty much at the same level(or pretty close)? Yeah. Look at Dan Daly. He killed all those Boxers as a private(PFC?). Heck, most of the awards given out were to privates and PFCs.

Quote Originally Posted by SkilletsUSMC
    Sure, but the longer between deployments the more his skill and tactics get rusty. You being a reservist dont know this, but we spend ALL DAY talking rehearsing, eating, sleeping, the Corps and our tactics. We also put up with highers bull**** every day. we stand duty, fire watch, have our liberty secured, have health and comfort inspections, gut check PT.... the list goes on.

Im sure when your unit gets activated, youll be on-it like blue-bonnet, but not now... NO WAY. Sorry.
    Ah ok, so like I said before, when it comes down to the fighting, Reservists do it just as well. At least from your last sentences, that's what I'm gathering that you're saying.

Yes, but they need time to spin up to the active duty standards.

Ah ok, so like I said before, when it comes down to the fighting, Reservists do it just as well
    I dunno how the rules are with poolees talking in these situations, but since it's in the poolee section why not?

But this quote makes it sound like you don't learn anything new while being active duty. From what I've learned from people so far, you are always learning something while serving, so in theory wouldn't someone that's already AD be better in these situations. Not saying that Reserves wouldn't be useful at all, they obviously are, just wouldn't the AD people be more prepared. I'm just thinking that first-hand experience would obviously give them the upperhand rather than monthly meetings.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Damn Alex! You just shook a hornets nest.

Yes, but they need time to spin up to the active duty standards.
    OK then, we're in agreement. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BeVIP
    I dunno how the rules are with poolees talking in these situations, but since it's in the poolee section why not?

But this quote makes it sound like you don't learn anything new while being active duty. From what I've learned from people so far, you are always learning something while serving, so in theory wouldn't someone that's already AD be better in these situations. Not saying that Reserves wouldn't be useful at all, they obviously are, just wouldn't the AD people be more prepared. I'm just thinking that first-hand experience would obviously give them the upperhand rather than monthly meetings.
    Reservists do get first hand experience. We don't go down there and have little cake parties. We spend Thursday through Sunday doing training.

PX.... come on... you know you want to... go active.... do it

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    PX.... come on... you know you want to... go active.... do it
    LOL!

Haha well yeah I'm gonna, no question about that.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    What ever you decide, just do your job!

Haha well yeah I'm gonna, no question about that.

That is great news for the Corps, and I think for you. And when you get on active duty I think you'll understand.

As far as earning the Title Marine being the important thing, I say Yes and No. Being a reservist is nothing like being active duty. You rate the respect of being a Marine, but the AD Marines will talk down to you. (Sometimes out of jealousy ) The Marine Corps is a place where people are brutally honest. Active Duty Marines will look at you like a weekend warrior, and say you have honor courage, but no commitment. which is somewhat true, somewhat bogus.

Being a Marine doesnt mean no one talks **** to you anymore. If anything the **** talking gets worse. Thats why you need thick skin.

I heard that and busted out in laughter.
    Hahaha yeah even my recruiters tell us with incentive to get our referrals in "Look poolees get your referrals in so you'll be PFC. because the quicker youre and NCO the better! Being a Pvt or PFC...sucks!"

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Tampons.................Are you going light,regular,super,or super plus ?

Whatever you decide go into it whole heart and with Marine Corps pride!

Thread Information